Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Connoisseur

New(ish) member from Atlanta

I registered quite a while ago and have posted a few times but have never properly introduced myself.

I've been drinking bourbon on and off for over thirty years now, pretty much as soon as I hit the legal age (18 at the time), starting with Evan Williams and Coke before, during and after football games. My current favorites are wheaters and the lower rye mashbill products from BT. But I certainly won't turn down a pour of OGD 114.

This forum has provided a wealth of information but has been particularly bad on my wallet. I'm looking forward to increased participation and, if I can improve my tasting vocabulary a little, I might even join in on the virtual blind tasting.

Here's a look at some of my open bottles...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Bourbonian Of The Year 2013 and Guru

Re: New(ish) member from Atlanta

As President of the Georgia Bourbon Society, let me welcome you to SB, Tucker. We're starting to accumulate a nice group of SBer's, here in the Atlanta area. What part of town are you? I hope you enjoy your time here, and look forward to hearing your thoughts. I'll look to put together a get together for all of our area's bourbonians.
    JOE

Wag more.
    Bark less.

"Every bottle is its own learning experience." -- Sensei Ox-sama

Tucker welcome to the site I hope your enjoying it. Glad to here you plan to participate more. I see you on line a lot when we are in chat drop in and join us you'll have a good time.
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider, is chaos for the fly.

Disciple

Tucker,

Greetings from another Atlanta area member...welcome to the site!

Jack
    Jack
    GBS Member #3 (Sorry Dawn!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pieface
    I think i'm god but I'll get a confirmation and go from there

Connoisseur

Thanks for the welcome, all.

Joe, I work ITP and live OTP (Lawrenceville-Suwanee area of Gwinnett).

Taster

I have been lurking and reading posts for quite a while as well, but before I start jumping in on discussions, I figured it was time to introduce myself. I also live in the Atlanta area (one of the few natives in town in fact) so I'm glad to see other people on here that live near me.

I started drinking Canadian whiskey many years ago because that's what my Dad had around. If I drank Bourbon, it was usually Wild Turkey or Evan Williams. In college, I developed a taste for Scotch and then for single malt. I celebrated my 50th birthday at the Islay Festival on Scotland because I enjoy the smoky peaty single malts.

Because I am in IT and have had multiple jobs sent offshore, I was priced out of the market for the Scotch I was drinking so I went back to my roots: Bourbon! Because Bourbon is such a great value and the quality is consistently there from top to bottom, I was able to try a wide variety of Bourbons to figure out what I liked and didn't like. Even though I can once again afford the rare (expensive) single malts, I find myself sticking to Bourbons (much better Bourbons now). I even made it to the Bourbon Festival in 2009 and took in the tours of most of the distilleries. I am really glad to find a place with so much knowledge about Bourbon, and I have been learning a great deal reading the forums. Now I think I am ready to join in on some of the discussion...

Guru

Past ready I would say, welcome aboard HRay.

Taster

Quote Originally Posted by smokinjoe View Post
    As President of the Georgia Bourbon Society, let me welcome you to SB, Tucker. We're starting to accumulate a nice group of SBer's, here in the Atlanta area. What part of town are you? I hope you enjoy your time here, and look forward to hearing your thoughts. I'll look to put together a get together for all of our area's bourbonians.
    Let me know if you get an Atlanta meeting going. I would like to join in!

Bourbonian Of The Year 2013 and Guru

Quote Originally Posted by HRay View Post
    Let me know if you get an Atlanta meeting going. I would like to join in!
    Welcome aboard, Ray. I'd like to put something together in the next couple of weeks. It's always great to meet other Bourbonians.
    Cheers!
    JOE

Wag more.
    Bark less.

"Every bottle is its own learning experience." -- Sensei Ox-sama

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by smokinjoe View Post
    There's a Society!?!

Tucker, welcome aboard. You can keep reminding of that bottle of 17 Year Old Hibiki and rubbing my nose in it over hear as well as at my site.
    Richard
    GBS Member rounding out the top 5
    Are you a Whisk(e)y Apostle?