Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Connoisseur

Re: New(ish) member from Atlanta

Ray, welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by BigRich View Post
    Tucker, welcome aboard. You can keep reminding of that bottle of 17 Year Old Hibiki and rubbing my nose in it over hear as well as at my site.
    Richard, thanks to you I also have a bottle of the Hibiki 12 (from Mac's). Just let me know when you'd like some of the 17. I'm serious. I was hoping to pick up more 17 and some Yamazaki or Yoichi in May, but my trip to Tokyo was cancelled. Not sure when I'll get back to Japan.

Bourbonian Of The Year 2013 and Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BigRich View Post
    There's a Society!?!

Tucker, welcome aboard. You can keep reminding of that bottle of 17 Year Old Hibiki and rubbing my nose in it over hear as well as at my site.
    Yes! But it's a very secret society. Very, very stringent application process. Prospective members have to meet several critical criteria to even be considered for acceptance. Like, own a glass. . And, new members must take a binding pledge to never use the word juice, unless it is preceded by a fruit, or, it is describing what is in your child's sippy cup. .
    JOE

Wag more.
    Bark less.

"Every bottle is its own learning experience." -- Sensei Ox-sama

Apprentice

Hello and welcome from a fellow OTP lurker!

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by smokinjoe View Post
    Yes! But it's a very secret society. Very, very stringent application process. Prospective members have to meet several critical criteria to even be considered for acceptance. Like, own a glass. . And, new members must take a binding pledge to never use the word juice, unless it is preceded by a fruit, or, it is describing what is in your child's sippy cup. .
    Damn you and your criteria. How's an everyman like myself supposed climb to those lofty heights?
    Richard
    GBS Member rounding out the top 5
    Are you a Whisk(e)y Apostle?

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker View Post
    Ray, welcome!

Richard, thanks to you I also have a bottle of the Hibiki 12 (from Mac's). Just let me know when you'd like some of the 17. I'm serious. I was hoping to pick up more 17 and some Yamazaki or Yoichi in May, but my trip to Tokyo was cancelled. Not sure when I'll get back to Japan.
    I'm on the opposite side of town over in Marietta but we need to work something out in the near future.

I'm actually right over near Joe. I have to race him to the local Sherlock's anytime something on allocation comes through. (I completely missed the 2010 BTAC by the way!)
    Richard
    GBS Member rounding out the top 5
    Are you a Whisk(e)y Apostle?

Irreverent One

Quote Originally Posted by smokinjoe View Post
    ...new members must take a binding pledge to never use the word juice, unless it is preceded by a fruit, or, it is describing what is in your child's sippy cup. .
    If corn is not a fruit then why do fruit flies keep kamakazing into my bourbon?
    Scott

"Remember that your sense of humor is inversely proportional to your level of intolerance."
    - Serge Storms