Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Disciple

Re: What are you STILL drinking right now (LOL). .

At the rate we are going we might make the 100th edition by THIS years bourbon festival. What can I say, we really like to talk about our booze!

Tom (sippin' KY Spirit) C

PS Jeff, you are just gonna have to wait for the tasting to hear my verdict. No hints now. . . .okay one, it is better than WT 101, thats for sure .

Disciple

Making the important choices. . .

In my case it is either getting broadband OR getting the good bourbon, and I think I have made the right choice (with my 56K) got to have the priorities in order. . . .I think that having the good bourbon around might be the largest factor in helping my patience out, BTW. . . .

TomC

Guru

Re: What are you STILL drinking right now (LOL). . .

Four Roses Yellow Label. Kind of on the light side for me, but Stacy not being as big a bourbon fan as I likes it. It is nice for a change though. Now I just wish it were available here in the NE so I wouldn't have to grab so many when I visit KY for her.

Now their Super Premium, that I would love to see for sale here in the states...

Virtuoso

Re: Making the important choices. . .

I here ya. My broadband ($50/month) is paid for my company so I can work at home. And I kind of misled you on my parents' broadband. It's only $25/month extra over their normal cable bill and we are splitting it among 6 kids. But, it WAS my idea.

Virtuoso

Buffalo Trace, courtesy of my Mom who picked up some for me in KY in Jan. I finished off the old 1.75L and cracked open a new one. She loves me.

I hadn't planned on imbibing tonight, but after softball practice I needed it. No, it wasn't stressful, but it was only my third practice after not playing for 7 years. The main thing was that I felt my timing coming back and I dove for two catches tonight. Yep, I caught them both. I played left field, so these dives are after a frantic run forward to get to the quickly sinking line drives. No injuries but I sure am feeling it in my muscles.

Besides, rolling the odometer the second time on this thread is cause for a celebration, not because I lucked into the original idea, but because this thread gives us all a chance to let relax and just comment on what our drink for the night it. No formal tasting notes, no deep thought, just heart felt commentary. Who can argue with that?

Connoisseur

Re: What are you STILL drinking right now (LOL). . .

Corner Creek. I don't understand this bourbon. It tastes like wheat! And I don't mean it tastes like a wheated bourbon, I mean it tastes like someone ground up some wheat and stuffed it into a bottle. I can't decide whether it's "interesting" or disgusting. It's weird. When I finish this glass, I'm moving on to Rare Breed to wash this taste away!

**DONOTDELETE**

Very cool CL ! A total of 6,638 thread views and 456 replys since you started it all. BLeeeeE!

Guru

That's why I figured on getting the broadband as well... $20 a month for dial-up or $25 a month added on top of my cable bill... Easy to figure that one out.

Disciple

See, sorry to ruin the reasoning guys, but I chose to get my dial up modem INSTEAD or getting cable. . . .LOL.

There isn't a StraightBourbon TV channel, so I think I made the right choice. . .

LOL

TomC

**DONOTDELETE**

Evan Willaims Single Barrel. Or is it Old Charter 'Classic 90'????? A Heaven Hill bottle that just screams 'Bernheim whiskey'. Who Knows???? Eh? - Linn