Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Connoisseur

Re: What are you STILL drinking right now (LOL). . .

Van Winkle Old Time Rye. The past few nights, I've been having a pour of bourbon followed by a small sip of rye, specifically the Van Winkle. I used to be not so keen about rye, but this stuff has really changed my mind!

Advanced Taster

I'm drinking some Booker's, with lots of water and ice. I got a bottle of this stuff for my birthday, and I had a few nips mixed with just a little ice that night. It can really sneak up on you that way! Leads to some interesting betting at poker.
    Tommy

Connoisseur

Jeff,
    I've been pretty busy lately and haven't been around. I'm catching-up on this thread and saw your post.
    </font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Old Grandad BIB. It really is amazing to me that in less than a year I have gone from one who only really liked wheaters to someone who would really enjoy the most ryed bourbon on the market. Good stuff, and only $13 to boot

[/QUOTE]
    You are walking the road my son, and it is good...
    I'm a wheated fan myself. But, now and then a really good high rye knocks my pants off... Have you tried OGD 114?
    Since you live in Kentucky, you most likely have been drinking Bourbon from the beginning (remind me to tell you about a 'Sugar Tit' for teething babies...lol). But, if you're like me, you've only really began tasting it since you joined this group.
    The bottle in my cabinet at the moment is Old Weller Antique. Looks like it's going to rain on the Kentucky Oaks but, other than that, life is good.
    Can you say Derby Par-Tay!!!!
    Bj

Administrator in exile

No, I haven't tried OGD 114 yet, but it looks to be my next bottle. Some here have said that they don't really care for the higher-proof OGD. What is your impression? Yep, I've been drinking bourbon for a number of years, but only tasting it for a couple and only REALLY tasting it since being here!

Guru

EWSB '92 (in preparation for a side-by-side with Henry McKenna SB in the next day or two). I immediately recalled the following, although it took me a while to find it:

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    When I suck in a big sniff, I get something sharp and green, like the aroma of freshly peeled bark and the underlying green wood -- as when trying to break a branch from a silver maple tree in mid-summer.

[/QUOTE]

I wrote that in regard to Evan Williams 7 year-old. I guess there really is a family resemblance, at least to my taste.

Yours truly,
    Dave Morefield

Virtuoso

AMEN!

AMEN, BROTHER!

Virtuoso

GTS. It's been a few weeks since I've had GTS - I had to slow down on the consumption of it so it would last. Dang, is this the best elixir on the face of the earth or what? (Give me an AMEN, Bobby!). I know I've said it a million times before, but this is the nectar of the Gods.

Tasting GTS got me thinking about Julian's upcoming cask strength ORVW. After I found out about it being barrel proof, I had consigned myself to getting just one bottle. But, now, I am wondering, what if it is in the same class that only Stagg occupies? I mean, Julian's other products are fantastic, but what if the cask strength takes it even farther? Will I be happy (bourbon-wise, not wallet-wise) with only one bottle?

You know, though, when these are the decisions that occupy your mind, your life is pretty damn good.

Bourbonian of the Year 2003 and Super Moderator

Don't Fight It ! Answer The Call Brother, Amens from all corners!

Advanced Taster

Tonight it is 15yr 107 ORVW.....aaaaahhhh!
    Life is good ,,,kids are in bed asleep ,,, wife to ,,, I will soon follow ..much work to do tommorrow ,,,, But tonight it is some of VW's finest...
    Bill G.

Administrator in exile

Once again, Weller 12yo. This is one of only 2 bourbons that I have been drinking the last week or so. The other...you guessed it, GTS. People listen to me, this bourbon is not just a good drink at a great price. Weller 12yo can rival any of the bourbons in the $30-$50 range with few exceptions. It's that good.