Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
    Enthusiast

Jim Beam Black-age statement

I spotted a Jim Beam Black bottle at a supermarket yesterday. The label read as "Triple Aged. Aged for 6 years". This was one of the newly shaped bottles. However, since I regularly drink JBB and know that it's aged for 8 years, I hurried to the JBB website for a verification. The site has the same information as me, i.e. JBB is aged for 8 years. Then, what was that bottle I spotted yesterday? The bottle shape, style, etc. everything was ok except the age statement. Does anybody know anything about this?

Taster

Re: Jim Beam Black-age statement

There have been several export variations for the JBB, including a NAS in the last few years. Unless your eyes fooled you, this could possibly be another such export version, possibly only for that region or even Turkey alone (assuming you are there, if you saw this in the US, I am really confused!)

Disciple

There is an active thread last posted on just 3 days ago that has pretty much covered this: http://www.straightbourbon.com/forum...ad.php?t=15219.
    Thad

BTOTY-2011

Quote Originally Posted by mrt View Post
    I spotted a Jim Beam Black bottle at a supermarket yesterday. The label read as "Triple Aged. Aged for 6 years". This was one of the newly shaped bottles. However, since I regularly drink JBB and know that it's aged for 8 years, I hurried to the JBB website for a verification. The site has the same information as me, i.e. JBB is aged for 8 years. Then, what was that bottle I spotted yesterday? The bottle shape, style, etc. everything was ok except the age statement. Does anybody know anything about this?
    Jim Beam pretty much screws their over seas costumers that's why they are #1 in the world. JBW is only 70 proof in Australia for example, they sell some bourbon mixed with port crap there too in place of KC.
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider, is chaos for the fly.

Guru

Triple aged at six years, wow, that's a good one. Sell the sizzle not the steak.