Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 111 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1172
    Disciple

Re: What bourbon are you drinking? - Spring 2011

Starting tonight off in the same way that I ended last night - a small pour of PVW 15.
    Jack
    GBS Member #3 (Sorry Dawn!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pieface
    I think i'm god but I'll get a confirmation and go from there

Drinking some booker noe 125-proof do not think about getting behind the wheel of your car or else this is one great bourbon-Philly

Disciple

The Binny's bottling of the Knob Creek Single Barrel Reserve which is just outstanding. This is on the same level for me as other great releases of the past year such as the BTACs, FR barrel strengths and PHC wheater. I brought her down tonight to about 90 proof and it's still thick enough you could cut the peanuts and chocolate out with a knife.
    Thad

BTOTY-2011

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by T Comp View Post
    The Binny's bottling of the Knob Creek Single Barrel Reserve which is just outstanding.
    Nice! Good to hear it. I haven't gotten ahold of any yet, but I'm planning on it. Hopefully there will be some left!

Enthusiast

This evening I started out with several pours of Eagle Rare SB 10 y/o. After that I started with a pour of Buffalo Trace which I will probably end the night with.
    Greg
    Southeast New Mexico

Taster

Just a little WTKS

Bourbonian Of The Year 2013 and Guru

Celebrating several things with a Wild Turkey Tribute. A mammoth whiskey, in honor of a Titan in the industry. This is Turkey at it's best. Big and Bold, but velvety and refined, at the same time. One of the true great whiskies on this planet.
    JOE

Wag more.
    Bark less.

"Every bottle is its own learning experience." -- Sensei Ox-sama

Apprentice

Although this isnt a current drop this is reviewing my previous 5 months. Spring cleaning and it turns out this is my empty bottle stash since January!
    Can someone label them all?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Signature Not Coming Soon to a screen near you.

Apprentice

This is my Dec to January festive season haul. As you can see i certainly hooked into the scotch. Acquired the WTTradition for $85.. first week of release back in June '10 coming home from a stint volunteering with the Waodani (Huaorani for those in the know, notoriously the most homocidal group of tribes in anthropology history, with more than 6/10 members being speared to death in the past 150 years, with the last 20 years being an exception due to western interception)in the Ecuadorian amazon..For those interested, the only female present had to be choppered out of the village due to one of the seniors claiming possession of her. This is their culture and when an elder points to a female they have to give their life to the person otherwise they get speared. She was there for a week until the chopper was organised to rescue her.. touched down for 30 seconds and then took off with her on board. This might sound extreme but these things still go on. The Waos are a wholistic tribe where if they see an item they want they believe if they point at it that it is theirs. This is due to their belief of the Great Boa.. (a serpent deity) The great boa is revered trough most Waorani and Quechua tribes in the ecuadorian, peruvian and western brazillian amazon. I was there as an atheist volunteer which only respected their view of spirituality etc I even took the quechua baptism ceremony which involves taking ayahuascua plant (which for those who know is a very spiritual and amazingly enlightening plant OR an amazingly tripped out plant which has yet to receive international acceptance as a ... wait i was gonna say acceptable plant but i dont know yet. I dont know if it is acceptable...its like crack cocaine times 5 times the length....) Only those who took the ayahuasca experience know what the deities mean.... to prove that i only believe in their way of living. . I performed such duties as teaching basic english (which i thought was useless) and building unisex and community toilets which were previously nonexistant although months on are used all day everyday which means a change was effected in the village!! glad i could make a difference. Just so all know, i am an Australian who only learnt Japanese and German in high school. Graduated to spanish and travelled to ecuador, loved being able to learn more spanish.. wish i knew more as the Ausse scjppp;s Eg all tribe members going toilet in the rivers or creeks. Duty free which is a steal.. this is the fist WT that i actually enjoyed so much that i couldnt wait for the next pour.

Apprentice

I hope those proved as a volunteered as a respondant to the volunteer groups respond today....