Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Enthusiast

Re: PHC 2010 BS or PHC Golden Anniversary

Looks like I made the right choice. Now to decide if I need to purchase this abraham bowman barrel strength rye...hard decision when over $70.

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by autiger23 View Post
    Looks like I made the right choice. Now to decide if I need to purchase this abraham bowman barrel strength rye...hard decision when over $70.
    lol, Im having the same dilemma and just posted in the thread trying to get more info on it.

Virtuoso

The PHC 2010 is just damn good, the Bowman is unique... should be enough room on the shelf for both.....
    "The most futile and disastrous day seems well spent when it is reviewed through the blue, fragrant smoke of a Havana Cigar"

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by autiger23 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanL View Post
    lol, Im having the same dilemma and just posted in the thread trying to get more info on it.
    Both are unique and delicious. The A. Bowman LTD may very well be a rare find with very limited supplies. Pull the trigger before it's gone.

Enthusiast

The Bowman Rye is worth it. The Party Source is down to 25 bottles. May never come around again.
    Greg
    Southeast New Mexico

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by cigarnv View Post
    The PHC 2010 is just damn good, the Bowman is unique... should be enough room on the shelf for both.....
    Well, the thing about both of them is that they both are whiskies from the beginning of new traditions, not the last nostalgic barrels of shuttered distilleries or abandoned whiskey-making traditions.

The PHC 2010 and this Bowman are just the best expressions yet released of Heaven Hill wheater and Sazerac rye. Only stingy policies on the part of Sazerac or Heaven Hill will prevent whiskey like these excellent releases from being commonly available in the future.

I say judge these distilleries by whether they let us have more like these great releases.

Roger
    Last edited by Rughi; 04-14-2011 at 22:30.

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by G.H.Adams View Post
    The Bowman Rye is worth it. The Party Source is down to 25 bottles. May never come around again.
    Im ordering it, but the shipping for $25 for my area...trying to throw in a couple more bottles I need to make that shipping worth while.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by G.H.Adams View Post
    As of this morning it is all gone.

Connoisseur

And just like that...poof, it's gone. Amazing how approx. two dozen bottles were listed in inventory this morning have vanished in the blink of an eye.

Enthusiast

Well I d*cked around and it was my fault. Oh well.

Just means I get to buy another parker heritage 10yr wheated this weekend. Good trade off I am sure, but wish I got off the pot for the Abraham.