Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.

Thread: Bourbonritas

Bourbonritas

As today is National Margarita Day, there are a few Bourbon distilleries that treat us to Bourbonritas during Kentucky Bourbon Festival at the The Great Kentucky Bourbon Tasting and Gala and other times throughout the year.

While we obviously enjoy Bourbon best straight, I am sharing these below for fun..All Margarita recipes on this link - National Margarita Day

Bourbonrita

1 part Elijah Craig Small Batch Bourbon
    Splash of Triple Sec
    Splash of sweet & sour mix
    Lime wedge
    Salt (optional)

Instructions:

Blend ingredients together and shake well. Pour over ice and garnish with a lime wedge. Or combine Bourbon with a favorite margarita mix.

Cherry Twist Margarita

1 1/ oz. Evan Williams Cherry Reserve
    1/2 oz. triple sec
    4 oz. margarita mix

Instructions:

In a shaker, combine Evan Williams Cherry Reserve, triple sec and margarita mix. Pour over ice.

Rose’rita Recipe

Ingredients:

2 -parts Margarita Mix
    1 -part Four Roses Yellow Label Bourbon

Instructions:

- Mix over ice
    - Add a dash of Grenadine – do not mix. The red color will settle near the bottom of the glass for a nice multi-color effect representing roses!

Garnish with two maraschino cherries, and enjoy.

Virtuoso

Re: Bourbonritas

Personally I would never taint my drink with cheap triple sec or margarita "mix"

Give me some Grand Mar or Cointreau and fresh fruit and we can talk! Looks like I'll be working on my own Bourbonrita soon now, I'll post the results

Virtuoso

Sounds like Bourbonrita is just a silly way to say whiskey sour.

Virtuoso
    Perhaps it is but careful crafting could possibly result in a cocktail of quality vs whiskey and cheap premade sour mix

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by StraightNoChaser View Post
    Perhaps it is but careful crafting could possibly result in a cocktail of quality vs whiskey and cheap premade sour mix
    I'm with you on that. Sour mix is horrible stuff. As a technical matter, though, I think Cointreau is a triple sec, but I get what you meant.

I guess the addition of salt and triple sec would differentiate this from a whiskey sour, but I hate the name Bourbonrita. It sounds like something that would be served at a chain restaurant on the full color menu next to the choco-tini and peppermint mocha daquiri.

Virtuoso
    Yes, I was trying to differentiate between real orange liqueurs and their generic, sugar laden, low proof, artificially flavored imitations.

And I'm with you on the name, definitely sounds like a Chili's signature drink.

What do you propose we call it? Kentucky Margarita? If you muddle orange, lemon and lime for their juice "Sour Mash" might not be a bad name

Guru

Well, however called at least they are using Bourbon.

Connoisseur

it would work better with white dog.