Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
    Advanced Taster

Buffalo Trace in NJ?

I'm starting to see BT on shelves in NJ. I used to have to travel to PA for it, for some reason it was never available here before. Anyone know what's going on? I'm not complaining of course!

Advanced Taster

Re: Buffalo Trace in NJ?

Quote Originally Posted by B1bomber View Post
    I'm starting to see BT on shelves in NJ. I used to have to travel to PA for it, for some reason it was never available here before. Anyone know what's going on? I'm not complaining of course!
    According to a guy that runs a big store says it's a combination of the distributors finally pushing hard enough for it and BT seeing the market/having capacity. He has been trying to get it for years, but BT could not ship it to just a few NJ stores (like NY). NJ state law does not allow for distillers to ship through distributors to a single store, while NY allows for a single store to get a specific product through the distributor.

Typical 3-Tier BS, but thankfully we finally have it!
    “Give a man a fish; you have fed him for today. Teach a man to fish; and you have fed him for a lifetime”—Lao Tzu

Guru

Joe Canals has it for $21.99 this wek only.
    Emancipate yourself from mental slavery. None but ourselves can free our minds.

Bob Marley.

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by B1bomber View Post
    I was talking to Kris Comstock, Brand Manager at BT, last Friday before Whisky Fest in Chicago. On asking him about brand growth and markets, the first thing he said to illustrate how they are still in a growth mode, was they just made it in NJ. So hopefully you'll start to see more and more from them. It's amazing how you consider a whiskey brand a "large" brand, yet there's some reasonably big markets they still aren't in.

Advanced Taster

We can get a lot of the BT Products except the following:
    - Ancient Age (Maybe the bottom of the 3, but definitely not 10Star or AAA)
    - Old Charters
    - VOB (Barton Brands)
    - Weller 12 / Weller Special Reserve
    - VA Gentlemen / Bowman Brothers
    - KY Tavern

Overall, can't complain, still plenty of good ones to drink imo
    “Give a man a fish; you have fed him for today. Teach a man to fish; and you have fed him for a lifetime”—Lao Tzu

Advanced Taster

Good info, thanks. I've picked up Old Charter in Mich., and Ancient Age in PA, and Weller SR in NY-- and have wondered why they can't be found in NJ. Especially confusing is that we get Weller Antique here but not the Special Reserve. Let's hope BT stays-- for the price it's a dandy.