Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru

Re: Old Forester Signature: Bourbon of the Year (at least according to one blog write

The logic escapes me. A 'bourbon of the year' makes sense only if it's a contest among new releases. How does it work with existing releases? Did OFS get a lot better in 2010? If not, what could possibly prevent it from winning again in 2011?

Maybe drinking bourbon and then writing about it isn't such a great combination after all.
    Last edited by cowdery; 04-21-2011 at 13:07.

Trippah and Admin

Re: Old Forester Signature: Bourbon of the Year (at least according to one blog write

Bourbon of the year already?

It is only April, what's the rush?
    My name is Joel Goodson. I deal in human fulfillment.
    I grossed over eight thousand dollars in one night. Time of your life, huh kid?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by callmeox View Post
    Bourbon of the year already?

It is only April, what's the rush?
    Web postings.
    Gotta make a name for youself.
    ovh

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by cowdery View Post
    The logic escapes me. A 'bourbon of the year' makes sense only if it's a contest among new releases. How does it work with existing releases? Did OFS get a lot better in 2010? If not, what could possibly prevent it from winning again in 2011?

Maybe drinking bourbon and then writing about it isn't such a great combination after all.
    And with a single board comment, Col. Cowdery ignites the search for those rare and coveted OFSig 2010's. Collect as many for your bunker as you can, they'll be going for $150 on EBay by next week.
    There are two ways of getting home; and one of them is to stay there. - GK Chesterton

Quote Originally Posted by Parkersback View Post
    ...OFSig 2010's. Collect as many for your bunker as you can, they'll be going for $150 on EBay by next week.
    Only if anyone's every heard of, and reads, this Lance & McHugh -- what was that name again? -- guy.

That said, I'm sometimes of a mind that OFSig reminds me of a young version of the original, pre-potstill examples of Woodford Reserve -- which was 8yo 'honey barrels' of Old Forester distillate. Those were pretty darned good, and so's the OF. I might buy it again next time I see it -- or maybe not. "Bourbon of the Year" good? Only if your selection/experience range is pretty limited.
    Tim

Disciple

I find OF Signature to be quite horrible. I love the Forester dusties, but that's where my liking for BF ends.