Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
    Guru

Easter - ham? Lamb? Fish? Other?

Well, another large dinner holiday and with our family we usually have ham.
    Of course there will be wine, but you can count on some whiskey, usually bourbon as it goes best with ham. We will be at my sister in-law so my brother in-law will provide. He has a decent collection so I am not out of luck by any means. I know he has Rittenhouse Rye, EWSB, Weller, Old Overholt among others.

Connoisseur

Re: Easter - ham? Lamb? Fish? Other?

Looks like it might actually be nice enough today to put the leg of lamb on the grill. I'll be obliged to have a large pour of something while I tend it. Maybe that WT 12 year that's been open for a while now.
    Craig

Virtuoso

Traditional here.. ham, Kielbasa, potato salad, seed rye bread, chrzan.... and of course bourbon and beer.....
    "The most futile and disastrous day seems well spent when it is reviewed through the blue, fragrant smoke of a Havana Cigar"

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by cigarnv View Post
    Traditional here.. ham, Kielbasa, potato salad, seed rye bread, chrzan.... and of course bourbon and beer.....
    Ditto, and that means beer first and bourbon later.
    Emancipate yourself from mental slavery. None but ourselves can free our minds.

Bob Marley.

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by SBOmarc View Post
    Ditto, and that means beer first and bourbon later.
    Marc... correct!!! I remember growing up the Four Roses and Mount Vernon always on the Easter table.... beer was Schmidt's Tiger Head Ale and Ortlieb's.....
    "The most futile and disastrous day seems well spent when it is reviewed through the blue, fragrant smoke of a Havana Cigar"

Guru

We had some Yuengling to start then some wine with dinner - spiral cut ham - and finished with some Four Roses Barrel Strength Limited Edition 100 59.9% abv 17 yrs old.

Advanced Taster

I enjoyed some turkey and prime rib today, with all the sides, potatoes, asparagus, etc. Good meal, now I just need to pick a drink to end the night with, EC 12 or a W.L.Weller 7 year.

Guru

Cool Re: Easter - ham? Lamb? Fish? Other?

We had ham, potato salad, and other trimmings. Chocolate cake with chocolate icing for dessert.

Tim
    Self-Styled Whisky Connoisseur

Connoisseur

My wife wanted a cold meal, so I took 2 different hams, 2 salamis, Spanish chorizo, 3 different cheeses, 2 each types of olives and pickles, and club crackers and arranged them on her turkey platter. Set the table with the platter, 2 napkins, 2 cocktail forks, 2 glasses, and a bottle of petite sirah. We called it Easter dinner.
    There's no such thing as bad whiskey, there's only over priced whiskey.

Guru

Thumbs up Re: Easter - ham? Lamb? Fish? Other?

Quote Originally Posted by Stu View Post
    My wife wanted a cold meal, so I took 2 different hams, 2 salamis, Spanish chorizo, 3 different cheeses, 2 each types of olives and pickles, and club crackers and arranged them on her turkey platter. Set the table with the platter, 2 napkins, 2 cocktail forks, 2 glasses, and a bottle of petite sirah. We called it Easter dinner.
    That sounds like fun. It would also have been great with a Pinot Noir or a good rose. (I don't know how to put an accent mark over the "e" - I mean the wine, not the flower.)

Tim
    Self-Styled Whisky Connoisseur