Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Trippah and Admin

Re: Knob Creek Single Barrel Reserve

Re: smooth

I sense a blog entry in the near future
    My name is Joel Goodson. I deal in human fulfillment.
    I grossed over eight thousand dollars in one night. Time of your life, huh kid?

Virtuoso

I find that there are two meanings for "smooth"-- some people use it to mean "easily drinkable" while others use it to describe the mouthfeel ("slippery" is also useful in that context). There isn't necessarily a lot of overlap between the two usages and it can make for confusing tasting notes.

Guru

For the record, Michael Jackson used the term "smooth" for both American and Scotch whiskys frequently. From the context, tho, he almost seems to use it as a back-handed compliment.

Back on topic, KCSB is easy-drinking, but I still can't drink it w/o water. But I would not hesitate to drink as much of Timothy's stash as I could in one sitting.
    bibamus, moriendum est
    Sipology Blog

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    For the record, Michael Jackson used the term "smooth" for both American and Scotch whiskys frequently. From the context, tho, he almost seems to use it as a back-handed compliment.

Back on topic, KCSB is easy-drinking, but I still can't drink it w/o water. But I would not hesitate to drink as much of Timothy's stash as I could in one sitting.
    And I would not hesitate to drink the parts of Timothy's stash Josh left behind.

A question: it seems that the consensus on KCSB is that they are really choosing honey barrels for it, thus the difference is more than proof? Ja?
    There are two ways of getting home; and one of them is to stay there. - GK Chesterton

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Parkersback View Post
    And I would not hesitate to drink the parts of Timothy's stash Josh left behind.

A question: it seems that the consensus on KCSB is that they are really choosing honey barrels for it, thus the difference is more than proof? Ja?
    I think it's a lot better than KC. I rarely if ever by KC, but I've been through 3 or 4 bottles of the KCSB since release. I like the barrel proofers neat, so this one is another round in the revolver.

Enthusiast

I'm not a huge fan of the offering, but what i like most about it is the mouthfeel... I find it to be thick and viscous and really pleasing to sip in that respect.
    Ryan

Taster

In a few weeks I will have to do a side by side of Bookers and the KCSB I just opened, first impression was it is actually a bit hot and not so flavorful as Bookers which I drink neat

different people certainly have different ideas about "smooth" depending on taste and history.

some people talk about smooth in terms of congeners, good or bad. Bottom shelf often isn't smooth, whereas mid-shelf fare can be very flavorful without any bite or harshness.

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by B.B. Babington View Post
    different people certainly have different ideas about "smooth" depending on taste and history.

some people talk about smooth in terms of congeners, good or bad. Bottom shelf often isn't smooth, whereas mid-shelf fare can be very flavorful without any bite or harshness.
    Yeah, I always thought "smooth" was the opposite of hot. i.e. you do not notice the alcohol as much (considering the proof)

Virtuoso

I find the KC Reserve is great for a single pour but not something I would want to drink all night. I still find the Bookers more to my liking.....
    "The most futile and disastrous day seems well spent when it is reviewed through the blue, fragrant smoke of a Havana Cigar"