Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Taster

Re: Knob Creek Single Barrel Reserve

Quote Originally Posted by trumpstylz View Post
    Yeah, I always thought "smooth" was the opposite of hot. i.e. you do not notice the alcohol as much (considering the proof)
    That's what I meant by "smooth". I thought it was easy to drink for being 120 proof.

I keep getting a taste of peanut butter in the finish, anyone else getting this? I'm really enjoying this bottle.

Disciple

I don't care for smooth jazz. I run from smooth talking salesmen. I'll leave smooth to my shave but not for my whiskey.

I never thought of Knob Creek, regular or SB, as being particularly smooth (versus Beam Black) and give credit to Beam marketing for it selling as well as it does to the general public, considering its more difficult approachability.

And with apologies to MacinJosh, here I am adding to what is now the fifth thread on KCSB after I previously jumped on you for starting the fourth... and you had a legitimate reason to do so. I guess I'm just glad we're not talking about Pappy sightings here.
    Thad

BTOTY-2011

Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru

About 25 years ago, a major American whiskey brand that will remain nameless was in the process of repositioning itself and hired a new advertising agency. The agency conducted market research among prospective customers, asking them what attributes they look for in a whiskey. The winning answer was "smoothness." So the agency created a new advertising campaign for said whiskey. It consisted of one word: "Smooth."

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by cowdery View Post
    About 25 years ago, a major American whiskey brand that will remain nameless was in the process of repositioning itself and hired a new advertising agency. The agency conducted market research among prospective customers, asking them what attributes they look for in a whiskey. The winning answer was "smoothness." So the agency created a new advertising campaign for said whiskey. It consisted of one word: "Smooth."
    I thought that was Guzzler's Gin.

Taster

Thumbs up Re: Knob Creek Single Barrel Reserve

I'm going to get more of Knob Creek Single Barrel Reserve...I really like it!!