Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Disciple

Re: Makers 46 thoughts

I enjoy MM 46's smell which I find superb more than its taste. On my tongue everything is good until the end when the spicy red hot cinnamon candy taste kicks in and lingers. I just never cared much for that taste even as a kid with candy or now in my whiskey. Still my bottle was emptied pretty quickly and I'm sure there is another in my future.
    Thad

BTOTY-2011

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by White Dog View Post
    The general consensus on SB seems to be that while MM is boring, people seem to love 46. I would submit that 46 is okay, but it shows so well simply because MM is so damn dull.
    I'd agree with this. I honestly do like the 46, though.

Disciple

I bought this when it was first out. Since then it has jumped 3.00 a 750 in price. It is good but I probably won't get another bottle. Everyone that tried some from my bottle liked it. My bottle is down to less than half as a result!

Thomas

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by White Dog View Post
    The general consensus on SB seems to be that while MM is boring, people seem to love 46. I would submit that 46 is okay, but it shows so well simply because MM is so damn dull.
    I am often faced with the option of JB White or MM. I am very happy to have the MM. Never a negative thougth about it.

Advanced Taster

I haven't bought MM since I started lurking here 3 months ago.

I did buy the 46, b/c some here like it.

Man, I hate it. I now know either I got a bad bottle, or I just really disagree. My bottle tastes like butterscotch schnapps. Something I would serve to a drunk sorority girl with bad intent. I no longer have such bad intent, so I find it useless.

My guess is that this bottling is really variable. Because I cannot see what y'all like about this. Too sweet.

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by T Comp View Post
    I enjoy MM 46's smell which I find superb more than its taste. On my tongue everything is good until the end when the spicy red hot cinnamon candy taste kicks in and lingers.
    I agree T Comp, those are my thoughts as well. It's OK and much more interesting than standard MM. However, I probably will not buy another bottle since there are many others I prefer at/below its price point.