Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Advanced Taster

Crazy Bourbon Shipping Question

Hey guys! I would like to place some orders from a place like Party Source or Binnys for shipping. I live in PA so I can't have it directly shipped to me. I do live kinda close to Ohio and could have them shipped to a friends house and go pick it up there. Is there anything illegal about that? Will the store let me place the order if the "billing address" is in PA but the "shipping address" is in OH? Will the Man in PA come after me for making a out of state whiskey purchase?

Sort of a strange question.....but thanks!

Advanced Taster

Re: Crazy Bourbon Shipping Question

You sir, sound like a no good dirty bootlegger to me! I'm not sure what the laws in Ohio or Pennsylvania are. There could be an issue with 'importing' liquor across state lines, or having someone hold liquor for you being 'bootlegging.'

Enthusiast

I live in SouthEast PA and I have gotten shipments form Binny's and Shopper's Vineyard. I have not ordered anything from Party Source.
    Doug

Advanced Taster

From the (fairly) limited research I've done, I don't think Ohio law permits liquor to be shipped, either interstate or intrastate. However, I know shoppers vineyard says they can/will ship to Ohio, though I've never tried placing an order.

Guru

Western Pennsylvania? Road trip, man! You'll make Louisville or Chicago in no time at all and have a story to tell your grandkids about "running moonshine" across state lines and not getting caught.
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Advanced Taster

As for the shipping address being different than the billing address I can't imagine that it would be a huge issue. Its a "gift" at that point, then you could just pick it up there (at friends house), and drive it back home in the trunk. I really don't think that there will be a line of state troopers waiting for you at the state line. I'm not positive on all of the laws, but if this is a one time thing I really don't see it posing a huge issue.

Trippah and Admin

Binny's and others ship to Ohio.

I am not a lawyer and this should not be considered legal advice.
    My name is Joel Goodson. I deal in human fulfillment.
    I grossed over eight thousand dollars in one night. Time of your life, huh kid?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by moose View Post
    As for the shipping address being different than the billing address I can't imagine that it would be a huge issue.

Since itís an absurd pain in the ass to arrange to be home when a shipment arrives, I always have stuff billed to my address and shipped to my parent's house.

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by ILLfarmboy View Post

Since itís an absurd pain in the ass to arrange to be home when a shipment arrives, I always have stuff billed to my address and shipped to my parent's house.
    That's a good idea right there, I have yet to have liquor shipped to any addresses but I know how much of a pain it can be to have other expensive items shipped to a location (see collectable golf clubs) when you need to be present to receive them. I may just start doing that because 9/10 times one of the elders will be home.

Advanced Taster

I live in TN (where noone ships) and I keep a paid UPS mailbox in VA (where almost everyone ships, but not all of them). Different addresses are no problem. They'll hold packages for 2-3 weeks if needed until I can get up there to receive them.
    "Brown eyed women and red grenadine...
    the bottle was dusty but the liquor was clean." -Jerry Garcia