Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
    Connoisseur

Such a bittersweet moment

I finally finished the last pour in my bottle of 1975 vintage, 30 year old Glenrothes scotch tonight. This was my first bottle of this expression, and I managed to stretch it out over a year and a half.

The only bright side is that I was thinking ahead, and have three other unopened bottles in the bunker.
    Mark Edwards - Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request

Guru

Re: Such a bittersweet moment

On a related note, Ralfy reviewed the Glenfarclas 30 year old...he gave it a 90 malt mark. In the U.S. I see Binny's has the 31 yr old...a US only bottling.

Has anyone ever ordered import whisky from the UK, such as from Royal Mile or The Whiskey Exchange? Shipping costs are about 26 pd for one bottle...certainly not cheap but maybe the only way to get certain bottlings.
    On top of that are any custom charges etc.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by MarkEdwards View Post
    I finally finished the last pour in my bottle of 1975 vintage, 30 year old Glenrothes scotch tonight. This was my first bottle of this expression, and I managed to stretch it out over a year and a half.

The only bright side is that I was thinking ahead, and have three other unopened bottles in the bunker.
    Good move, Marky Mark. Always nice to have a few of your favorites stashed away in the bunker. Did you buy them all at once? Get a good deal?
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by unclebunk View Post
    Good move, Marky Mark. Always nice to have a few of your favorites stashed away in the bunker. Did you buy them all at once? Get a good deal?
    Well, I bought the first one and liked it a lot, then bought the next three over several months.
    Mark Edwards - Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request