Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.

Thread: Converted....

Advanced Taster

Converted....

Hello everyone. I'm a Canadian new to the site that used to be all about single malt scotches. The selection in my area for bourbons was weak til about 1 year ago. My first bourbon was Maker Mark. Was way cheaper than scotch and very enjoyable. From there I went on the Buffalo Trace, Eagle Rare 10, Elijah Craig 12, Rip Van Winkle, Knob Creek, Basil Haydens, Blanton Single Barrel, and my newest bourbon...Booker's. Bourbon has turned out to be my favourite whiskey (hence the handle "WhiskyToWhiskey") Get value compared to single malts and johnny walker. Also enjoy the odd "rye" ie. Canadian whiskey such as Wiser's Legacy. Any whiskey made in Canada is called a rye regardless of the mash that goes in.

Hope to learn more here, ttyl!

Disciple

Re: Converted....

Welcome to the page. Canadian whiskey was my gateway into spirits, and has now been replaced almost exclusively by bourbon. You'll still find some love for the Canadian prodcuts and the scotches around here.

Connoisseur

Welcome W2W!!!

Search around the threads and you'll learn a ton, and keep us posted on what you learn, too.

This is a bourbon board, but many here have plenty of love for Canadians and Scotch and Irish, etc. Currently the whisk(e)y I'm craving most is Ardbeg (10 and/or Uigeadail).
    There are two ways of getting home; and one of them is to stay there. - GK Chesterton

Disciple

Welcome to the site!
    Jack
    GBS Member #3 (Sorry Dawn!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pieface
    I think i'm god but I'll get a confirmation and go from there

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by WhiskyToWhiskey View Post
    Hello everyone. I'm a Canadian new to the site that used to be all about single malt scotches. The selection in my area for bourbons was weak til about 1 year ago. My first bourbon was Maker Mark. Was way cheaper than scotch and very enjoyable. From there I went on the Buffalo Trace, Eagle Rare 10, Elijah Craig 12, Rip Van Winkle, Knob Creek, Basil Haydens, Blanton Single Barrel, and my newest bourbon...Booker's. Bourbon has turned out to be my favourite whiskey (hence the handle "WhiskyToWhiskey") Get value compared to single malts and johnny walker. Also enjoy the odd "rye" ie. Canadian whiskey such as Wiser's Legacy. Any whiskey made in Canada is called a rye regardless of the mash that goes in.

Hope to learn more here, ttyl!
    Welcome aboard.
    My wife used to think that Crown Royal was about as good as it gets. She now knows better.
    Our son-in-law is from Toronto and he thinks that beer is as good as it gets. He'll learn soon enough.
    If God made anything better than bourbon he must have kept it for Hisself.