Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Advanced Taster

Jack Daniels Tennessee Honey

You guys can now all run out to you favorite liquor store and spend the same amount of money for a 70 proof JD liqueur as the regular black label.

Here in Michigan is shows up at $22.95 on the states web site, which means it is available but I haven't seen it in stores yet.

Here is the only review I could find - http://www.drinkspirits.com/liqueur/...-honey-review/

Also a little teaser from the JD FB page - http://www.facebook.com/jackdaniels

Pretty sure I won't be trying this, unless we get the 50ml bottles...
    Too much of anything is bad, but too much of good whiskey is barely enough. - Mark Twain.

Advanced Taster

Re: Jack Daniels Tennessee Honey

I was sent a review sample yesterday. I'm not a big whiskey liqueur drinker, but I had a wee taste (chilled very cold) and enjoyed it.

Then I went back to drinking whiskey and beer for the rest of the evening...
    Publisher and Editor of Whisky Advocate magazine.

Advanced Taster

I received a sample of Tennessee Honey this morning. I opened the package this evening and it was still cold. I poured a couple sips and enjoyed it for a moment. It's not bad, but it's not something I could drink a lot off. I don't know that many serious whiskey drinkers will love it. It's extremely sweet, thick, and tastes of heavily honey sweetened JD. I can see this raking it in at the bars as a chilled shooter.
    Last edited by jmpyle; 03-16-2011 at 19:23.

Trippah and Admin

Quote Originally Posted by JohnHansell View Post
    I was sent a review sample yesterday. I'm not a big whiskey liqueur drinker, but I had a wee taste (chilled very cold) and enjoyed it.

Then I went back to drinking whiskey and beer for the rest of the evening...
    Whiskey based liqueurs is another line to add to Lew's review duties at MA...
    My name is Joel Goodson. I deal in human fulfillment.
    I grossed over eight thousand dollars in one night. Time of your life, huh kid?

Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru

Many years ago a long-time executive for the Jack Daniel's advertising agency wrote, on the occasion of his retirement, an essay on how to screw up the Jack Daniel's brand. He meant it as a cautionary tale but they now seem to be using it as a blueprint.

Guru

Another blackbird liquor. You know, one blackbird lands on the wire and a whole bunch follow.

Connoisseur

It's really unclear to me how this has a market. If I want to make a hot toddy, why do I need someone else to mix a spoonful of honey in to my whiskey?

I'm not opposed to "flavored" whiskeys necessarily, whether they be aged in sherry casks, aged/flavored with fruit, etc.. But honey?

Guru

No mystery really, if girls like it guys will buy it.

Moderator and Bourbonian Of The Year 2014

I find them an interesting night-cap drink to pair with something sweet like chocolate or cake at the end of a meal.... But I could just as easily (and I do more frequently) reach for a bottle of port or liquor muscat instead.

Disciple

The one big mistake they are making with this is the proof. They made a mistake with a lot of their customers when they dropped black label to 80 proof. The definitely should have made this offering 80 proof!

Thomas