Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Virtuoso

Re: Jack's New Look.

I really like the new label. It's fresh and simple. It's still just as eye catching and iconic as the previous label. Now the bottle... I'm not so sure about that. I like the old bottle with the rounded edges.

Guru

Cluttered or not, I like the old label better. I like the rounded shoulders of the old bottle better, too.

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by Gillman View Post
    I came up with an excellent vatting: 1 part each Jack Green, Early Times Bourbon and Jeremiah Weed Blended Bourbon.

Gary
    Looks like a classic 1+1+1=5 sitation. How do you even begin to dream these combinations up Gary?
    "The most futile and disastrous day seems well spent when it is reviewed through the blue, fragrant smoke of a Havana Cigar"

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by ILLfarmboy View Post
    Cluttered or not, I like the old label better. I like the rounded shoulders of the old bottle better, too.

I think I like the new label, but not the new bottle.
    Hope is subversive, for it limits the grandiose pretensions of the present by calling into existence the possibility of something better.

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by Ian S. View Post
    The green label is a less mature whiskey. they pick the slower aging barrels from the bottom floors and center of the warehouses to use for the GL.
    Do we have a source for the warehouse location claim other than tour guides? I'm not saying tour guides spread misinformation, but, well, I guess I am.

Bourbonian of the Year 2011

Reid, thanks: the sum truly is more than its parts. Here's my logic. I'm sitting in a hotel room in St. Augustine. I've got a half-pint of JD Green Label, some Early Times bourbon, and the Jeremiah Weed Blended Bourbon. The JD is a little corn/woody; the Early Times ditto but with more traditional bourbon character; and the Weed has that tea flavor overlay on a fairly mild bourbon/GNS base. So I figure the slight tea sweetness will meld the straight whiskeys in all of these, plus the straights just taste better when their elemental attributes are combined.

It so happens that's all I had in the room, but still I used a certain logic or such as it is.

The better half comes back in the evening and I serve it to her. "This is really good, what is it"? Earlier, she had the JD Green and Early Times on their own: no complaints, but no comments either. So I figured it was excellent, on this basis and my own tasting of course.

Gary
    Last edited by Gillman; 05-26-2011 at 13:52.

Trippah and Admin

Quote Originally Posted by craigthom View Post
    Do we have a source for the warehouse location claim other than tour guides? I'm not saying tour guides spread misinformation, but, well, I guess I am.
    Google is your friend.

http://www.jackdaniels.com/faq.aspx
    My name is Joel Goodson. I deal in human fulfillment.
    I grossed over eight thousand dollars in one night. Time of your life, huh kid?

Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Gillman View Post
    I don't understand the question.

Gary
    Surely you don't drink it.

Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru

Quote Originally Posted by craigthom View Post
    Jimmy Bedford, late JD master distiller, told me the same thing.

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by cowdery View Post
    Jimmy Bedford, late JD master distiller, told me the same thing.
    That's where my info came from...the man himself.