Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Virtuoso

Re: Something Lighter

Kicked off the board - heck no. We'd start with the S drinkers before we'd get to you.

Seriously, I have no criticism about how a person likes their bourbon or if they like S. My rant was more about pretenders, not about mixing with coke.

Drink what you like! We don't want everyone drinking the same thing and having the same opinions. Diversity here is great.

Guru

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    When I want to enjoy an evening of drinking I mix or drink on ice.

[/QUOTE] In yet another example of "Different Strokes..." I find that mixing is likely to lead me to consume more alcohol, not less. As the evening progresses, I find that I keep upping the proportion of liquor, while still consuming drinks at the same rate.

When I drink bourbon neat, I always know how much I've drunk, whether or not I care. (BLEEEE!)

Yours truly,
    Dave Morefield

Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru

I agree about the Fox and should have mentioned it, because it is in my cupboard as well. I guess I have 10 American whiskies "in play" at the moment, sort of a mini-bunker.

Enthusiast

I drink whisky neat at least 90% of the time. I do like mixed drinks, usually Canadian and ginger ale. I also like Manhattans--the only mixed drink I regularly drink using bourbon.

Advanced Taster

I would have to say that i hardly have anything at all with my bourbon... if ever anything it is a bit of crushed ice to cool it off a bit on a particularly hot night... As it melts it changes the flavors of some bourbons (i guess flavors that are obscured by other flavors are no longer hidden, and sometimes they are good flavors, sometimes they are not)...

One thing that I definitely have to admit is that I tend to drink very slowly... Ask Paradox... I remember times that Mark was on #2 or #3 and I am still finishing #1...

Connoisseur

I had to giggle... </font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    a "fuzzy navel" or some other less manly drink

[/QUOTE]
    well, I'm a girl so, I guess it's ok for me...
    I like an Old Fashioned (gotta muddle the fruit) and, I've been known to mix EW (my everyday pour) with Mountain Dew and several cherries. But my favorite is Bourbon and coffee. At night, when it's late (I chase bandwidth, and load speeds are faster at night), a pot of decent coffee, Bourbon and a big scoop of vanilla ice cream.
    'Course, I'm a girl, and I can say stuff like that,,,
    Bj

Enthusiast

Chuck,

Just read your post and you are absolutely 100% right. There is a whole lot to be said about the post you just made. By the way, that is no mini-bunker you have.

Cheers,
    Marvin