Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Virtuoso

Re: Fighting cock 103 vs OWA 107

Quote Originally Posted by Parkersback View Post
    I wonder what kind of profile HH is shooting for with FC. I ask because I wonder how different it is from HHBIB (6yr)
    To me it reminds me more of Elijah Craig than Evan Williams, if that helps. I haven't had the 6 yr BiB so I can't compare.

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by BourbonKiller View Post
    Senator Anthony Weiner prefers Fighting cock.

I personally prefer the Weller 107.
    HAHHAHAHAHAHHAHA

Connoisseur

I was waiting for that one. Ha ha.

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Brisko View Post
    To me it reminds me more of Elijah Craig than Evan Williams, if that helps. I haven't had the 6 yr BiB so I can't compare.
    My latest bottle of 6 yr HH BIB, bought at Liquor World in Bardstown for around $10 (actually it was free to me since they were running a 10% off $100 spent) is very good whiskey with integrated corn, rye and vanilla for a classic bourbon taste. It seems better than ones I've had from a few years back. I don't have a FC or EW black to compare with either.
    Last edited by T Comp; 06-09-2011 at 19:48.
    Thad

BTOTY-2011

Connoisseur

Can someone please vat the 2 and see what happens? Possibly make an Antique Cock or Old Cock or Fighting Antique......no the first 2 are better. I vote for the OWA having had both, but I love Weller Antique. I think it, not the Chicken, is one of the best values in bourbon today.

Advanced Taster

To me, OWA is a memory. I don't think the new stuff compares favorably. That being said, FC is still one of my very favorites. It's a guilty pleasure considering how much crap people here give it, but I love HH whiskey, and I love FC. If you haven't tried it, you definitely should.

Here, FC is usually less than $15 - sometimes $12 - while OWA is always more than $20. At those prices it's a no brainer - FC all week long and twice on Sunday.
    Gotta make it somehow on the dreams you still believe...

Guru

OWA.

I don't understand the love for FC.

Virtuoso

I have both and did a direct comparison after being inspired by this thread. After having both I have to say that I can't decide. They're both great representations of their categories, so I think it really comes down to personal preference and price. FC is much cheaper, but I also think OWA is worth the extra few bucks. This was a great idea for a thread since I previously would not have put these two in direct competition, but now feel that they're on equal ground.

*I so wanted to start my reply with, "I pulled out my Cock and put it up against my Antique," but resisted the temptation. *
    -Brian-

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."
    -Agent Kay

Connoisseur

FIGHTING COCK! It's like OGD BIB with some extra barrel flavor and depth.

OWA tastes like battery acid and mold to me. The first couple sips were good, but as I sipped it, I got to hate it quickly. Then again, I don't much care for any Buffalo Trace product or wheated bourbon. It's all up to your own taste buds!
    If you have anything Michter's or Pennco and would like to sell it or share it with me, please let me know.

Virtuoso

I find FC to be an excellent mixer while I enjoy OWA on its own.... both have a place....
    "The most futile and disastrous day seems well spent when it is reviewed through the blue, fragrant smoke of a Havana Cigar"