Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast
    Enthusiast

What Beer are you drinking summer 2011

Summer is finally here. So it is time to tip some beer to celebrate the season. I have been tipping back some Moose head Lager in remembrance of Canada fishing trips at this time of year. I also a true gem from Leinenkugel's - Big Eddy Russian Imperial Stout at 9.5% alc/vol. Another very enjoyable pour is Double Dragonfly Imperial IPA. Another heavy at 9.1% from Upland Brewing out of Bloomington IN. So please share what you are drinking to stave off the summer heat.
    "Too much of anything is bad, but too much of good whiskey is barely enough". Mark Twain

Connoisseur

Re: What Beer are you drinking summer 2011

Bell's Two Hearted Ale does a nice job quenching the summer heat. After several taste tests of each, I've found I prefer the bottled version over draft.
    "There's nothing better than a fine dinner, a good bottle of whiskey and a bad girl"

Virtuoso

Beautiful day here.. doing some client work on the laptop while I enjoy a Clipper City Uber Pils.... a pils with stuffing that hits the spot....
    "The most futile and disastrous day seems well spent when it is reviewed through the blue, fragrant smoke of a Havana Cigar"

Bourbonian Of The Year 2013 and Guru

Just got back into town from a vacation to Northern California and Hawaii. After a little nappy from our redeye, I'm enjoying a 22oz bottle of SweetWater's Waterkeeper Hefeweizen Ale. I love this style of beer (Weihenstephaner being my fave), and this is a fine representative. Nice clove and spices, and a little lemony. Very well done beer.
    JOE

Wag more.
    Bark less.

"Every bottle is its own learning experience." -- Sensei Ox-sama

Virtuoso

Today is a Full Nelson IPA from the Blue Mountain Brewery in Afton, Va. 5.9% abv and 60 IBU's. The beer is a beautiful copper color with a light head. The bitterness tastes well beyond 60 IBU's given the lack of any offsetting flavors. Lacking in balance... pretty much a one dimensional IPA with little deapth of flavor. Pass on this one....
    "The most futile and disastrous day seems well spent when it is reviewed through the blue, fragrant smoke of a Havana Cigar"

Virtuoso

I hate it when that happens.

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by craigthom View Post
    I hate it when that happens.
    Especially when you have 5 left.....

Disciple

Been working my way through the Sam Adams Latitude 48 box set, hop by hop. Intrigued by the Simcoe™; not a fan of the Zeus (sounds similar to Reid's experience with the Full Nelson.)
    Kevin

"Clears up her head with bourbon/Cause beer is so suburban/And declasse for what it's worth"

Connoisseur

Slowly enjoyed an Oscar Blues 'Gubna", an I-IPA. Smooth, full body with 10.0% ABV and an IBU of 100. Much better as the brew warmed in my pint glass.
    "There's nothing better than a fine dinner, a good bottle of whiskey and a bad girl"

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by HP12 View Post
    Slowly enjoyed an Oscar Blues 'Gubna", an I-IPA. Smooth, full body with 10.0% ABV and an IBU of 100. Much better as the brew warmed in my pint glass.
    Enjoyed a Gubna last evening....I drink it at about 55-60F. Great balance and a great mouth feel to this brew.