Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Apprentice

Re: What Beer are you drinking summer 2011

New Belgium Ranger's mainly, but have also ventured into trying some cheap AAL's like Genesee Cream Ale and Schlitz Original version. Neither are bad beers for the money.

Virtuoso

Dogfish Head Festina Peche - leans tart/sour, not sweet at all.

Virtuoso

After sampling a half dozen beers at the Springhurst Liquor Barn I brought home a small growler of Double Trouble. I'm so predictable.

Disciple

Chatoue Rouge - First Growth Creek Ale

I had a sample of this once before and thought it was not bad. This bottle I rate a pass. The cherries are barely there and no tartness. It's flat and has this vinegary well water nose.
    ~Robert BTOTY #2 2009

GBS Member - 2011 Indoctrination

Guru

North Coast Brewing Co.'s PranQster, a Belgian-style golden ale with a beautiful fruity aroma and delicate hop bite. Very nice on a warm evening.
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Bourbonian of the Year 2007

Fully loaded, here. Dove into the "chilled" bunker for a Gubna, an Oskar Blues brew Leif introduced to me when we were enjoying Wade's hospitality in Houston.
    ____ ____
    Barrel_Proof

Guru

Alpha King, and Gumball head tonight. I love hop's.

Christmas ales - Breckenridge and Bells X-mas in July!!!

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by HP12 View Post
    Yesterday's Gubna prompted a pour of Oscar Blues 'Gordon Imperial Red'. I like it better than the Gubna. As it says on the can "can o' bliss, satisfy ya" and the other mssg on the can well describes this beer..."Big, Red, Sticky".
    Quote Originally Posted by cigarnv View Post
    Steve, it must be a Va. thing.... going down the same path with the Imperial Red. Mine is called G'Knight as I gather Gordon Biersch took exception to the use of the name Gordon so they changed it.

Very different from the Gubna... less sweet but damn good...
    Quote Originally Posted by HP12 View Post
    I've seen the 'G'Knight' but only recently picked up the 'Gordon' which has the same can design. My Gordon is dated 11/19/10.
    I was not aware of the controversy of the name. Thanks for a little history lesson!

Nice pics Reid. Don't forget about the unique messages on the bottom of each can. Unfortunately the mssg on bottom of the Gordon can was smudged. The other good thing is they date the product when canned. Nice!

Tried the Ten Fidy yet? Another winner from OB!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bourbon Boiler View Post
    I've been enjoying the Avery's IPA the last couple of weeks. My father uncovered about a dozen of them in his beer fridge, and wasn't sure how long they'd been in there or who left them. I've given them a good home.
    Glad to hear you all are enjoying some of the Colorado beers, man I love living here for that reason. Just thought I would pass along one of the articles on the Gordon-G'Knight change, http://www.dailycamera.com/ci_171009...ce=most_viewed. Also, if you don't know the story behind the name, its well worth looking into, makes the beer even more special. I reach for the G'Knight from time to time, but I find its one that I can't enjoy more than one of, its a little sweet for me, and the grapefruit, piney funk I get sometimes puts me off. Not a bad beer at all though, the Gubna is great as well, and I enjoy the Mama's Little Yella Pils now that its getting so hot out.

Drink up

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by cds View Post
    New Belgium Ranger's mainly, but have also ventured into trying some cheap AAL's like Genesee Cream Ale and Schlitz Original version. Neither are bad beers for the money.
    Can't go wrong with a Genny Cream Ale on a hot summer day! That's one of my favorite "lay in the hammock, listening to baseball on the radio" beers.
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet