Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Disciple

Re: BOTM 7/11: Maker's 46

A few drops of water opened up the cinnamon for me. I had trouble distinguishing it from regular, boring Makers neat.

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by BourbonJoe View Post
    We just did it today.....against Weller SR 7 y/o. The Weller beat the pants off the 46.
    Joe
    Not according to Ron and Brad. They must just have better taste, like me .
    Thad

BTOTY-2011

Advanced Taster

Meh, I mean it's pretty good. Definitely better than regular MM but for $35/bottle I haven't bought another as there is a long list of better bottles at that price range and cheaper.

Enthusiast

I like it as I do other wheaters. I like the cinnamon finish but for the price there other bourbons I like better such as Old Fitz BIB and Weller. I don't have much of an ability to sort out different flavors as others do. For me if I like the taste, it's good enough for me.
    Greg
    Southeast New Mexico

Guru

It's better than the regular MM... for what that's worth.

I wonder how this is selling now that the hoopla of the original roll-out is over?

I asked a couple of local bartenders ---- they said that it's languishing on the back bar, seldom requested.
    John B

"Drinking when we are not thirsty and making love at all seasons… that is all there is to distinguish us from other animals."

Taster

I agree with others here, it is better than the regular MM but nothing really special.

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Roadsaw View Post
    I agree with others here, it is better than the regular MM but nothing really special.
    That exactly how I feel about it as well.

Leif
    Swedish lover of American whiskey

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by jburlowski View Post
    It's better than the regular MM... for what that's worth.

I wonder how this is selling now that the hoopla of the original roll-out is over?

I asked a couple of local bartenders ---- they said that it's languishing on the back bar, seldom requested.
    I never really understood the target market for this. MM is non-offensive, drinkable bourbon for non-bourbon drinkers. This is a step up, but not enough to attract the SB-type crowd. Maybe big MM fans will always have a bottle for more special occasions, but it seems hard to believe that will carry the brand. That said, they don't have to invest much to produce it.

Enthusiast

According to Bill Newlands, the target market for MM46 is - wait for it - the MM drinker.

Recognizing the growth of small batch and single barrels, the folks at Beam became concerned that the MM drinker interested in exploring these Bourbons had nowhere else to go...except away from the MM brand. MM46 provides them a chance to taste something new while keeping the consumer as part of Beam's revenue stream.
    Mat Garretson
    HIGH WEST DISTILLERY

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by mrviognier View Post
    According to Bill Newlands, the target market for MM46 is - wait for it - the MM drinker.

Recognizing the growth of small batch and single barrels, the folks at Beam became concerned that the MM drinker interested in exploring these Bourbons had nowhere else to go...except away from the MM brand. MM46 provides them a chance to taste something new while keeping the consumer as part of Beam's revenue stream.
    I suppose there's some logic behind that, and the marketing folks at Beam obviously know more and have better information than I do. I just picture the MM drinker as being someone who doesn't branch out very far.