Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Connoisseur
    Quote Originally Posted by Bourbon Boiler View Post
    To ejmharris and/or anyone else, I spoke with Paul today and the black dog will come out of the barrel this summer. He also said that future barreling instead of being all corn (tobacco aged) will be predominately corn, but also with a rye addition. I can't wait to taste that one as well.
    Great news. I will buy several this time around. Have you tried the wheat whiskey they bottled earlier this year. I was not able to make it to inlaws yet so never actually picked any up. Let me know if you here when it comes out and I will do ye same.

Disciple

Re: MB Roland Distillery

I tried the wheater back in April, but I really don't remember much about it. The black dog was the standout to me, and the fruited licquors were of very good quality but not really my cup of tea.

Connoisseur

Where does one purchase his products?
    "this hobby is supposed to be fun. When it stops being fun, check yourself, because you're doing it wrong." Charles Cowdery

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Bourbon Boiler View Post
    I tried the wheater back in April, but I really don't remember much about it. The black dog was the standout to me, and the fruited licquors were of very good quality but not really my cup of tea.
    Agree 100% on the Fruited liquors, but that is what pays the bills for them until the bourbon/whiskey age. The blackdog was a very pleasant surprise today as I thought it was still a while off.

Young Blacksmith,
    MB Roland can be purchased at TPS, but it is mostly the white dogs, shines and fruited shines. His bourbon and other aged whiskeys have typically only been available at their gift shop or by calling. You can view their web site at www.mbroland.com. If you are ever in the Clarksville Or Nashville area it is worth the drive to Pembroke to check out their place.

Connoisseur

I had a sip of black dog one night after a bit of tasting other whiskeys, and it really knocked me in a good way. Reminded me of smoking my pipe on the porch with a nice pour of something good. It's one I'd gladly pick up.
    "this hobby is supposed to be fun. When it stops being fun, check yourself, because you're doing it wrong." Charles Cowdery

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Ejmharris View Post
    Agree 100% on the Fruited liquors, but that is what pays the bills for them until the bourbon/whiskey age. The blackdog was a very pleasant surprise today as I thought it was still a while off.

Young Blacksmith,
    MB Roland can be purchased at TPS, but it is mostly the white dogs, shines and fruited shines. His bourbon and other aged whiskeys have typically only been available at their gift shop or by calling. You can view their web site at www.mbroland.com. If you are ever in the Clarksville Or Nashville area it is worth the drive to Pembroke to check out their place.
    Good timing for this conversation, the newsletter came out today. http://campaign.r20.constantcontact....qsmcWU9Q2RM%3D

Confirms that the barrel aged black dog will be ready in late summer.

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Young Blacksmith View Post
    I had a sip of black dog one night after a bit of tasting other whiskeys, and it really knocked me in a good way. Reminded me of smoking my pipe on the porch with a nice pour of something good. It's one I'd gladly pick up.
    Aaron - I can hook you up. I'll let you know the next time I place an order. From my most recent conversation with Paul, I'd guess sometime late August or early September is when the next batch of the type of stuff I have will be ready, and this time it will have Rye in it, so should be even better!

Virtuoso

I'm a fan of the smoked corn whiskeys. Interesting stuff.