Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 28 of 28
  1. #21
    Connoisseur
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    794
    Quote Originally Posted by Bourbon Boiler View Post
    To ejmharris and/or anyone else, I spoke with Paul today and the black dog will come out of the barrel this summer. He also said that future barreling instead of being all corn (tobacco aged) will be predominately corn, but also with a rye addition. I can't wait to taste that one as well.
    Great news. I will buy several this time around. Have you tried the wheat whiskey they bottled earlier this year. I was not able to make it to inlaws yet so never actually picked any up. Let me know if you here when it comes out and I will do ye same.

  2. #22
    Disciple
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Northern Indiana
    Posts
    1,661

    Re: MB Roland Distillery

    I tried the wheater back in April, but I really don't remember much about it. The black dog was the standout to me, and the fruited licquors were of very good quality but not really my cup of tea.

  3. #23
    Connoisseur
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Kilgore, TX
    Posts
    682

    Re: MB Roland Distillery

    Where does one purchase his products?
    "this hobby is supposed to be fun. When it stops being fun, check yourself, because you're doing it wrong." Charles Cowdery

  4. #24
    Connoisseur
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    794

    Re: MB Roland Distillery

    Quote Originally Posted by Bourbon Boiler View Post
    I tried the wheater back in April, but I really don't remember much about it. The black dog was the standout to me, and the fruited licquors were of very good quality but not really my cup of tea.
    Agree 100% on the Fruited liquors, but that is what pays the bills for them until the bourbon/whiskey age. The blackdog was a very pleasant surprise today as I thought it was still a while off.

    Young Blacksmith,
    MB Roland can be purchased at TPS, but it is mostly the white dogs, shines and fruited shines. His bourbon and other aged whiskeys have typically only been available at their gift shop or by calling. You can view their web site at www.mbroland.com. If you are ever in the Clarksville Or Nashville area it is worth the drive to Pembroke to check out their place.

  5. #25
    Connoisseur
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Kilgore, TX
    Posts
    682

    Re: MB Roland Distillery

    I had a sip of black dog one night after a bit of tasting other whiskeys, and it really knocked me in a good way. Reminded me of smoking my pipe on the porch with a nice pour of something good. It's one I'd gladly pick up.
    "this hobby is supposed to be fun. When it stops being fun, check yourself, because you're doing it wrong." Charles Cowdery

  6. #26
    Disciple
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Northern Indiana
    Posts
    1,661

    Re: MB Roland Distillery

    Quote Originally Posted by Ejmharris View Post
    Agree 100% on the Fruited liquors, but that is what pays the bills for them until the bourbon/whiskey age. The blackdog was a very pleasant surprise today as I thought it was still a while off.

    Young Blacksmith,
    MB Roland can be purchased at TPS, but it is mostly the white dogs, shines and fruited shines. His bourbon and other aged whiskeys have typically only been available at their gift shop or by calling. You can view their web site at www.mbroland.com. If you are ever in the Clarksville Or Nashville area it is worth the drive to Pembroke to check out their place.
    Good timing for this conversation, the newsletter came out today. http://campaign.r20.constantcontact....qsmcWU9Q2RM%3D

    Confirms that the barrel aged black dog will be ready in late summer.

  7. #27
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    466

    Re: MB Roland Distillery

    Quote Originally Posted by Young Blacksmith View Post
    I had a sip of black dog one night after a bit of tasting other whiskeys, and it really knocked me in a good way. Reminded me of smoking my pipe on the porch with a nice pour of something good. It's one I'd gladly pick up.
    Aaron - I can hook you up. I'll let you know the next time I place an order. From my most recent conversation with Paul, I'd guess sometime late August or early September is when the next batch of the type of stuff I have will be ready, and this time it will have Rye in it, so should be even better!

  8. #28
    Virtuoso
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Plano, TX
    Posts
    1,070

    Re: MB Roland Distillery

    I'm a fan of the smoked corn whiskeys. Interesting stuff.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. MB Roland distillery?
    By bourbon-n00b in forum General Bourbon Discussion
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-20-2011, 03:17
  2. Distillery Map
    By Dutchie66 in forum Paraphernalia
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-26-2010, 08:54

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Back to top