Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Connoisseur

Mellow Corn Is Wonderful.

Anyone else an obsessive lover of Mellow Corn? Mine started with a small sample and then I was able to secure 3 bottles. They're going quick so I need to find more soon! I'm going to go ahead and say it's the best $9-per-bottle American Whiskey you can buy. If only PA carried it in the state stores! So am I the only one out there or are there other Mellow Corn lovers???
    If you have anything Michter's or Pennco and would like to sell it or share it with me, please let me know.

Guru

Re: Mellow Corn Is Wonderful.

Did you get the BIB version?
    I have had it several times, it ain't bad at all.
    ovh

Connoisseur

I didn't even realize there is another proof offering. All the stuff I've ever seen is the BIB. I have a bottle of Hirsch corn whiskey too but it's not nearly as rich as the Mellow Corn.
    If you have anything Michter's or Pennco and would like to sell it or share it with me, please let me know.

Disciple

I like it, but love is a strong word. I've heard from good sources that Hirsch Straight Corn is 9month HH juice.

Connoisseur

It has become my daily pour. It is good stuff. One difference is, the stuff that was bottled a couple of years back is richer. When the label changed to say it was made at Early Times it lightened up. But is still good stuff. Plenty in New york state Ethan. What does your label say?

Connoisseur

I thought Mellow Corn was a fairly new product but the store I visited last weekend had old dusty handles of Mellow Corn for about $15. I didn't get any because I figured it was the same stuff and I have several bottles already. I may pick up one when I go back in a couple of weeks. Does anyone know how long it has been made?

Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru

I first became aware of it about 20 years ago. It was a Medley product, from Owensboro. So far as I know, it's been around forever.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by tmckenzie View Post
    It has become my daily pour. It is good stuff. One difference is, the stuff that was bottled a couple of years back is richer. When the label changed to say it was made at Early Times it lightened up. But is still good stuff. Plenty in New york state Ethan. What does your label say?
    I'm going to NY this weekend (Binghamton-Sidney area) so I hope to find a case or 2 of it so I've got a few months supply. I'm trying to get PA to carry it at least as a special order item. We have ZERO true corn whiskies for sale here in PA.

Disciple

Post Re: Mellow Corn Is Wonderful.

Ethan if I the price, I am glad I got you to try it. I have some it most nights! It is one great tasting yet Cheap Whiskey it is a best kept secret.
    Dave Z
    It Seems All The nicest People Drink Old Hickory
    America's Most Magnificent Bourbon

Connoisseur

....but would you drink it for breakfast?