Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Advanced Taster

Re: New from West Virginia

I think you are right about the banana nose. Some of our earlier batches had that nose to them. Not to say we weren't proud of them, because we were/are,

But just like all professionals, we strive to improve on every new batch we make and I think our product is vastly improved over the last year. I'd be curious as to what Batch that came from.

Thanks for commenting and hopefully, you'll give us a second change at winning you over.

John

EDIT, Forgot to add:
    Our first batch of aged spirits came out last month and we sold most everything we had in 3 hours. Our next batch comes out in November or Decemeber....if it's ready. There are a few locations in DC that will get Batch One from our distributor, but I don't yet know who they are.
    Last edited by SmoothAmbler; 08-05-2011 at 07:16.

Enthusiast

I'll see if I can find out the batch number. and I have a pretty good idea who might be getting the first run. keep me posted- feel free to email me- as to when it goes out so I can watch for it.

Connoisseur

I have a bottle of John's bourbon. And it is a good young bourbon. A lot of mirco distilled bourbon is hard to tell it is bourbon. This is spot on.

Taster

John,

You need to get some more of your product out to California! I would love to try it, but when I checked "where to buy" and the closest place is San Francisco. Any plans to expand into Los Angeles?

Enthusiast

John, tasting update: tried your gin again in a martini, and it was perfectly acceptable. It didn't blow me away, but would order it again. Several others in my party ordered house specialty drinks made with it as well, and were pleased. Now, just have to find your aged whiskey!
    Regards,
    Jeremiah

Advanced Taster

Sorry for the delay guys.

We're working on LA now but as you know, the vodka market is flooded. So, until we have a steady stream of bourbon, people are hesitant to bring us in. But, we're still working on it.

Happy Hour: Glad to know you liked it. Just like everyone else, we are constantly trying to improve our products. Sounds like maybe we did!