Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
    Moderator and Bourbonian Of The Year 2014

Dusties: Wooden Boxes

I've been trying for some years to locate wooden boxes that the Jim Beam Small Batch Collection came in. I've managed to source a couple of Bookers boxes, but have never seen the Bakers, Basil Hayden and Knob Creek ones. Do people see them in their dusty hunts? I'd be willing to work something out if anyone can source them?

Re: Dusties: Wooden Boxes

I haven't seen single ones with the exception of Booker's, and an occasional Knob Creek. The ones I've seen for Knob Creek are usually from stores that had a private bottling done. There is a shelf glorifier that holds all four bourbons. This comes in both 750 ml and 50 ml versions. I have a back bar base set that holds all four. I'll keep my eyes open. Joe
    Attached Images Attached Images
    " I never met a Weller I didn't like"

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by camduncan View Post
    I've been trying for some years to locate wooden boxes that the Jim Beam Small Batch Collection came in. I've managed to source a couple of Bookers boxes, but have never seen the Bakers, Basil Hayden and Knob Creek ones. Do people see them in their dusty hunts? I'd be willing to work something out if anyone can source them?

on a recent dusty hunt, i saw what looked like a small wood and glass cabinet that contained all of them. looked like factory made. the whole thing, cabinet and bottles had a sticker of $500 or $600. i didn't look too closely bc i had no interest.

I hope Scott doesn't mind me posting this - it's a picture of his collection a couple of years ago. You can see the ones I'm chasing down in the right hand corner.

Quote Originally Posted by camduncan View Post
    I hope Scott doesn't mind me posting this - it's a picture of his collection a couple of years ago. You can see the ones I'm chasing down in the right hand corner.
    Seems to me, seing them pictured, that I've run across them in the past -- perhaps on years-ago holiday issues.

Quote Originally Posted by fishnbowljoe View Post
    ...There is a shelf glorifier that holds all four bourbons. This comes in both 750 ml and 50 ml versions...
    I have this (750ml) out in the storage building (When I drank the bottles, didn't seem necessary to keep the display out.). When put up, the built-in top lamp still worked. Let me know, Cam, if you're interested, and we'll figure out a way to get it there (or you can spin by Tennessee while you're here next!).
    Tim

Never seen any of those Cam, but I did came across what must be the original box they were all grouped together in as the SBC. The photo was taken with my old BB so forgive the poor quality.

That was left somewhere on a road trip, but I have a friend in the area who would be willing to go get it if ever necessary.
    C

"everybody defamates from miles away
    but face to face
    they haven't got a thing to say"

Now that is a nice box Christian.... I'd not seen one like that before (or did I see something similar at the Beam Outlet Store when we were there with Bobby?

Advanced Taster

I just came across a store that had a half dozen or so Knob in the boxes. PM me if you have a plan to get them to you or I can give you the store info.

I was very interested to note that every bottle of Bookers I saw in Hawaii was in a wooden box with the plastic slide front. We haven't seen those back home here in Australia for years

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Virus_Of_Life View Post
    Never seen any of those Cam, but I did came across what must be the original box they were all grouped together in as the SBC. The photo was taken with my old BB so forgive the poor quality.

That was left somewhere on a road trip, but I have a friend in the area who would be willing to go get it if ever necessary.
    I've seen the set boxes show up on ebay every now and then.