Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Re: Pappy fall allocation

The Van Winkles hit the shelves in Albuquerque today. No 15s anywhere, but a good supply of the 20s, 12s, and both 10s. Even a few bottles of the rye, but they sold out quickly.

The guy at the store was pretty sure the 12s would be gone by the end of the day, but the 10s were selling a little slower.

Trippah and Admin

Quote Originally Posted by White Dog View Post
    Unless the cops actually knew certain cars were coming from a New Hampshire liquor store, it sounds like a gross violation of the 4th amendment, not that I'm trying to get all PRNC on this thread.
    I have heard stories of Ohio and PA doing the same.
    My name is Joel Goodson. I deal in human fulfillment.
    I grossed over eight thousand dollars in one night. Time of your life, huh kid?

Quote Originally Posted by CADMixes View Post
    You sure about that? NH lists Pappy 20 and Lot B in their system. I'm in Mass too and am pretty down in re: my hopes of getting any Van Winkle this year.
    I noticed that NH lists Pappy 20, too, but I asked Julian for a list of his vendors in MA, NH and ME, and he wrote back that he doesn't supply NH or ME. Maybe they can get them through other channels, but I've never actually seen any PVW products in NH or ME.

I'm still holding out hope for PVW15 or 20 - but to tide me over I picked up a BTAC/GTS and a Sazerac Rye yesterday (which I guess is also a once-yearly release?).

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by jbroses View Post
    I noticed that NH lists Pappy 20, too, but I asked Julian for a list of his vendors in MA, NH and ME, and he wrote back that he doesn't supply NH or ME. Maybe they can get them through other channels, but I've never actually seen any PVW products in NH or ME.

I'm still holding out hope for PVW15 or 20 - but to tide me over I picked up a BTAC/GTS and a Sazerac Rye yesterday (which I guess is also a once-yearly release?).
    I don't know how it works, but I do know of at least one other State like this. Nothing gets sent directly to the state from the VW's/BT but it is available via special order. Where those bottles come from and who is willing to give them up, I don't know. I will say however, that this arrangement creates higher prices for us as the consumer.

I just picked up a bottle 15 year old here in Maryland, I reserved in mid October it just hit the shelf today. I asked if they had any that were unaccounted for but no was the answer.

Advanced Taster

http://spiritsjournal.klwines.com/kl...an-winkle.html

Very interesting interview of Preston Van Winkle and what he says about the juice in the 15 yo. I'm definitely going to buy another 20 yr old now since it's SW for a few more years. At least, I still have some older 15's put back but I have to say ORVW 107 is great too.

I managed to find a single bottle of Pappy 15 (for $62) and shockingly one of the Family Reserve Rye (for $90) here in MA. I saw the Pappy 20 for $150 and the 23 for $350 but I passed on those...

Advanced Taster

There seems to be a lot less in my area than what was released this past spring. Luckily I have been able to lock up 3 bottles of VWFRR but several places that I was able to get some 15 and 20yr at in the spring got only lot B.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by OtisCampbell View Post
    I managed to find one of the Family Reserve Rye (for $90) here in MA.
    Crap that's the most I've heard of a retailer charging for the rye. Greedy bastages.

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainQ View Post
    Crap that's the most I've heard of a retailer charging for the rye. Greedy bastages.
    Same here - most I've paid is $69, but I'm about to pay $72 for my next bottle... And I will do so happily. Not a terrible price for one of the top five best spirits I've put in my mouth!