Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Re: Pappy fall allocation

Quote Originally Posted by jburlowski View Post
    Hey, just just another continent...
    Does that mean you won't drive that far to get a bottle?

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by autiger23 View Post
    Would you pay a $100 for a bottle of VWRR?
    In 2003 the Van Winkle Reserve 13 year Rye was marked down to a sale price of $20.99 from its regular price of $23.99 for Preferred customers at Sam's Wines in Chicago (now out of business) as stated in the mailer I found stashed in one of my desk drawers tonight. Too bad for me that was about 4 years before I got the whiskey bug. You can see the Van Winkle inflation since then by this mailer as it had the regular price on WT Kentucky Spirit as $39.99 and on sale at $35.99. I can still find WTKS in that range.
    Thad

BTOTY-2011

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by T Comp View Post
    In 2003 the Van Winkle Reserve 13 year Rye was marked down to a sale price of $20.99 from its regular price of $23.99 for Preferred customers at Sam's Wines in Chicago (now out of business) as stated in the mailer I found stashed in one of my desk drawers tonight. Too bad for me that was about 4 years before I got the whiskey bug. You can see the Van Winkle inflation since then by this mailer as it had the regular price on WT Kentucky Spirit as $39.99 and on sale at $35.99. I can still find WTKS in that range.
    Wow. That is a bit of price increase in relation to the WTKS. Sale prices on VW......Ha ha. Oh those must have been the days. Your post made me think of the following picture of Tim's which isn't as good of a deal as yours:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1142600...13681512943890
    Last edited by BradleyC; 11-09-2011 at 19:53.

Moderator and Bourbonian Of The Year 2014

Quote Originally Posted by jburlowski View Post
    Hey, just just another continent...

Sorry...
    Yep, one single retail store to supply Van Winkle products to approx 23 million people across a continent that is roughly the same geographic size as the United States....
    (In fairness, they're very, very good to deal with and always take the time to have a chat when I phone through my annual order of 2 10/107 bottles at $120 each)

Advanced Taster

I drove around No. Ky yesterday trying to secure a bottle of 15 year, but was thoroughly unsuccessful - the few places that had bottles said they were allocating them to 'special customers'. After hitting up a dozen or so stores I gave up. I was able to secure a bottle of Rye, but am still on the lookout for 15 year.

If anyone knows a likely spot and is willing to share, please send me a pm. Thanks!

Roger

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Beer&Bourbon View Post
    I drove around No. Ky yesterday trying to secure a bottle of 15 year, but was thoroughly unsuccessful - the few places that had bottles said they were allocating them to 'special customers'. After hitting up a dozen or so stores I gave up. I was able to secure a bottle of Rye, but am still on the lookout for 15 year.

If anyone knows a likely spot and is willing to share, please send me a pm. Thanks!

Roger
    Party Source, Friday 8 am, one bottle per customer.

Bourbonian of the Year 2010 and Guru

Quote Originally Posted by T Comp View Post
    I've got that beat:

Quote Originally Posted by barturtle View Post
    Feeling inspired by all the wonderfull bottles I keep seeing you guys find, while out on a bike ride today, I stopped in one of the few local liquor store( this being in my other home in Louisiana, where most people buy their liquor at the grocery).

Anyway found 2 Old Charter Bonds, while newer bottles, 1 says distilled in Louisville and the other Frankfort, though both back labels are the same (distilled at DSP-2 Bottled at DSP-KY-113). I've never seen this at my home in Louisville.

Also found a not-so-dusty Old Rip 15 107-for $18.99!!, the same price as the 10 107 and the 10 90 Old Rips!!

Unfortunate budget constraints forced me to leave a WTRR 101 as well as a Hirsch 16.
    2010 Bourbonian of the Year

As long as you have good whiskey you're not "unemployed", you're "Funemployed!!!"

I'm no Pappyophile

Taster

I have struck out on the PVW products for 2 years in a row. No shipping and allocation in NH is killing me. Everytime I look at that empty hole where the PVW 15 used to sit I just don't feel right. :-)

Luckily, I was able to get 5 bottles each of GTS and WLW '11. If anyone has any extra Pappy and wants to trade a couple bottles of any VW stuff or other goodies I can't get here. Send a PM, and we can probably work out a mutually agreeable trade. I would be willing to let go 2 bottles of each.

Guru

All over Northern KY... traded two JBWs for one today. Got screwed... the market is flooded.

John B

"Drinking when we are not thirsty and making love at all seasons… that is all there is to distinguish us from other animals."

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by clingman71 View Post
    Party Source, Friday 8 am, one bottle per customer.
    One bottle total btw, not one bottle of each age.