Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Advanced Taster

Re: Another Source for LDI Whiskey.

The bottle is ugly, though. Personally I think the target market is douchebag bros.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by LikeItWasSodaPop View Post
    Wow, Halifax, homophobia, sexism ... you just need to get some racism in there for the bigot trifecta.
    Dammit man... I missed out on the hat trick? That sucks... Another opportunity lost.

Apprentice

Didn't Mr. Boston and Trader Vic among others already try this?

Guess it will work because folks always buy from vertically integrated brands.

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by cowdery View Post
    I may think it's stupid, they obviously think it's brilliant, and we'll just have to wait to see who is right.
    I'm not sure if they think it's brilliant or that the liquor buying public is stupid enough to believe all the marketing crap from High Liquors.
    "Brownest of the brown liquors..so tempting. What's that? You want me to drink you? But I'm in the middle of a trial!" L. Hutz

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by tommyboy38 View Post
    I'm not sure if they think it's brilliant or that the liquor buying public is stupid enough to believe all the marketing crap from High Liquors.
    The liquor-buying public buys premium vodka, so they may have a good shot.
    bibamus, moriendum est
    Sipology Blog

Virtuoso

These guys are really smart. They left themselves a contingency because when the liquor thing fails they can launch "high shampoo" company and use the same bottles
    "On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero"
    T. Durden

Virtuoso

They'll source their handmade small batch shampoo from the best shampoo makers in the world.
    "Brownest of the brown liquors..so tempting. What's that? You want me to drink you? But I'm in the middle of a trial!" L. Hutz

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker View Post
    It's an "ultra-premium" "American spirit", that's what kind. And it's already an "Award Winning Whiskey."

Attachment 12631
    Its American whiskey aged in a traditional Scottish dunnage warehouse.

Quote Originally Posted by cowdery View Post
    Conventionally, one would only use the term "whiskey" if the product can't meet the standards to be called "straight whiskey," "rye whiskey," "bourbon whiskey," or what have you. In this case, it's possible they wanted to use the more generic term because of their overall concept, i.e., one 'exemplary' example of each of these four distilled spirit types.

It's not a blend. That would have to be disclosed. So it's whiskey of one type, they just chose not to identify the type.

If they stay true to their concept, they can add a gin or a brandy, but not a single malt scotch (since they already have 'whiskey' covered).

This is what makes the free enterprise system so much fun. People can invest their money in any idea they want. I may think it's stupid, they obviously think it's brilliant, and we'll just have to wait to see who is right.
    This is for the "tell me what whiskey I should buy?" market. The problem is they are a couple of decades late. This won't work in the age of google.

Connoisseur

I usually don't root for the spectacular failure of others, but I may make an exception for this brand as there is just so much that I find annoying about it. I think I will pass on the High and enjoy a little schadenfreude instead.

Guru

High is now on Michigan shelves. I included the neighboring bottles to show that it was actually in the whiskey aisle and not the shampoo one.

Ax7qrEJCQAAFsxa.jpg
    bibamus, moriendum est
    Sipology Blog