This post may be too late, but I made the trip earlier this summer and picked up Alberta 30, CC 20, CC 30, Wiser's Legacy, Red Letter and Forty Creek Double Barrel and Confederation Oak (and some others ). If you head north from Buffalo into Ontario, you can get the Forty Creek (and could even visit the distillery), but you probably won't be able to get the CC 20 & 30, or the Red Letter (I think most of the other Wisers are available in the US, and at a cheaper price), which you may be able to get in Quebec. On the other hand, you may not be able to get the Forty Creek in Quebec, other than the select. Also, in Ontario, I was too early, but Forty Creek John's Private Cask should now be available, and it may be worth looking into. Check the LCBO and SAQ websites for availability - from what I've seen, they're pretty good on updating status. By the way, I had the hardest time trying to figure out the customs/duty to pay, and after spending many hours on it, I never did come to a conclusion. It almost seems that under NAFTA, purely Canadian whiskey doesn't get charged by the US gov't (each state may be different) but I couldn't get a clear answer.