Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Advanced Taster

Re: Cask-Strength 12yr Redbreast Coming!

Quote Originally Posted by T Comp View Post
    Yes it is here in Chicago. Of course Jameson radio ads have already been running non stop here in anticipation of St. Patricks day so first distribution here may be on purpose.

Could you point me in the direction of a bottle? Binny's (out by me at least) doesn't appear to have it. The regular 12 year is phenomenal so I can only imagine what the CS is like.
    Last edited by Alphanumeric; 12-13-2012 at 22:09.

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Alphanumeric View Post
    Could you point me in the direction of a bottle? Binny's (out by me at least) doesn't appear to have it. The regular 12 year is phenomenal so I can only imagine what the CS is like.
    Can't help you now as that was 9 months ago. You'll probably have to wait till early next year, pre St. Paddy's day, and hope more is coming across the big pond. You might be able to find a straggler at one of the many Binny's. Their web site doesn't list it but is not always 100% accurate on what may be on a shelf in one of their 29 locations. I just saw a rum in River Grove that's not on the site.
    Thad

BTOTY-2011

Quote Originally Posted by Alphanumeric View Post
    Ask Lost Polito he may be able to help
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider, is chaos for the fly.

Connoisseur

You could always order it from TPS.

https://www.thepartysource.com/expre...m.php?id=32047

Taster

The next (second?) batch seems to be in the States, now. I picked up a bottle that was 58.6% ABV just last week. The first batch was 57.7% ABV. I tried both batches side by side. More fruit on the 58.6%. The 57.7% is smoother and more buttery in flavor.

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny.Applebury View Post
    The next (second?) batch seems to be in the States, now. I picked up a bottle that was 58.6% ABV just last week. The first batch was 57.7% ABV. I tried both batches side by side. More fruit on the 58.6%. The 57.7% is smoother and more buttery in flavor.
    Darn. That first batch sounds more to my liking, but I'm sure the second won't disappoint. Do you know when it started popping up on shelves?

Taster

I noticed it for the first time around Thanksgiving. There was about a month of time where I couldn't find the cask strength version at all, so an annual release might be just right. I checked my bottles the other day and they are labeled with batch numbers: B1/11 and B1/12. I guess those can be interpreted as batch 1 for 2011, and batch 1 for 2012.

Taster

Happy Birthday to me! I mentioned to Dawn a year or more ago that I'd like a bottle of this. Our local liquor store operator called Dawn with a bottle on the day before my birthday so Dawn scurried over and picked up a bottle. A very happy birthday. Will crack it open and give it a try soon. B1/12 58.6%.

Jon

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by bucky1 View Post
    Happy Birthday to me! I mentioned to Dawn a year or more ago that I'd like a bottle of this. Our local liquor store operator called Dawn with a bottle on the day before my birthday so Dawn scurried over and picked up a bottle. A very happy birthday. Will crack it open and give it a try soon. B1/12 58.6%.

Jon
    Happy Birthday and enjoy the Redbreast,the CS 12 is just a great whisky!I have yet to try the '12 but both of bottles of last years release never let me down in any way.
    "To deny our own impulses is to deny the very thing that makes us human."
    Larry Wachowski

Connoisseur

Cask-Strength 12yr Redbreast Coming!

Quote Originally Posted by bucky1 View Post

Jon
    It's a great one Jon! Enjoy brother!

And a happy birthday to ya!

We all need to get together soon for a few pours. I have some bourbon I need to deliver to you as well.
    Josh

"The last time I turned down a whiskey, I didnít understand the question."