Quote Originally Posted by unclebunk View Post
I'm ashamed to admit I've never had a single beer from Avery. What's the skinny on them? Where to start?
Good question -- the Kaiser was a first for me from Avery, foisted upon me by a guy at Binny's in Willowbrook when I went to replenish my stock of Boulevard Bob's '47 Octoberfest.

Quote Originally Posted by moose View Post
Really depends what you like, but I am a pretty big supporter of Avery. They operate out of my home-town of Boulder CO, have been in business since 1993. They have a great line of year round ales (IPA, White Rascal, Ellie's Brown, Out of Bounds Stout, Joe's Pilsner), which are all pretty widely available. I love their IPA and even their brown ale is nice, and I don't typically like brown ales.

I also like their seasonal's, but most like their limited releases, lots of crazy offerings and its clear they aren't afraid to mix things up, case in point: Mephistopholes Stout, 15% ABV (may have been a pissing contest though).

If you haven't tried Avery I recommend you give them a try, their Ellie's Brown ale wouldn't be a bad spot to start (not knowing your personal tastes), but their IPA is my personal favorite.

Bottoms Up

If you need it:
http://www.averybrewing.com/our-ales
Thanks!