Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    The Voshole

Re: BOTM 10/11: Angel's Envy

Quote Originally Posted by BourbonJoe View Post
    I like this bourbon quite a bit, especially as a dessert bourbon after a satisfying meal.
    Joe
    I like this one quite a bit as well Joe, but hadn't thought of it as a dessert bourbon. What a great idea! I have a feeling my open bottle isn't going to last very long now.

Gary
    "Bottom line: sometimes things work out this way in life. It doesn't matter how well you've planned; you're just f**ked, and that's that" - The Boss

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by White Dog View Post
    ... Makes me wonder, could they sell more of a knock-out $75 cask strength bottling, rather than a so-so $50 bottling? Obviously they went the other way.
    They're supposed to be coming out with a barrel-strength version by year end.
    John B

"Drinking when we are not thirsty and making love at all seasons… that is all there is to distinguish us from other animals."

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by jburlowski View Post
    I've not tried any version, but from what I've read I think this would get my attention.

Things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmmm. I hope you're right John. Could be very interesting. Cheers! Joe
    " I never met a Weller I didn't like"

Guru

that's what Wes Henderson said a few months ago. Several folks here have sampled the BS version. I think it will happen... But the date may slip somewhat (depending on your location)
    John B

"Drinking when we are not thirsty and making love at all seasons… that is all there is to distinguish us from other animals."

Connoisseur

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I was recently informed that the barrel strength release is being delayed until Mar/Apr 2012.

Connoisseur

Finally picked up a bottle of this while in Dallas. As I mentioned in an early post it cost me over $500 for the bottle. $50 for the bottle and $500 for the deductible for the fender bender I had in a rental car on the way back to the Fairmont. For the money there are bourbons I'd rather get as I found it light but with the sweetest finished I have experienced in a bourbon. I would love to try the barrel strength. Question: Do they plan on eventually producing their own bourbon or will they always buy stock?

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    Finally picked up a bottle of this while in Dallas. As I mentioned in an early post it cost me over $500 for the bottle. $50 for the bottle and $500 for the deductible for the fender bender I had in a rental car on the way back to the Fairmont. For the money there are bourbons I'd rather get as I found it light but with the sweetest finished I have experienced in a bourbon.

I'm not sure I've ever had something worth $550 / bottle, unless it was the size of a keg.

Disciple

Question: Do they plan on eventually producing their own bourbon or will they always buy stock?
    I read somewhere that the eventual plan was to prodcue, but I can't remember if I saw that here or elsewhere. I also don't know the timetable.

Finally picked up a bottle of this while in Dallas. As I mentioned in an early post it cost me over $500 for the bottle. $50 for the bottle and $500 for the deductible for the fender bender I had in a rental car on the way back to the Fairmont. For the money there are bourbons I'd rather get as I found it light but with the sweetest finished I have experienced in a bourbon. I would love to try the barrel strength. Question: Do they plan on eventually producing their own bourbon or will they always buy stock?

We will be producing eventually, most likely starting sometime next year. As for locations, we will certainly be in Kentucky. Louisville would be ideal for us (main street), but there are some other locations on the table as well.

And if it sounds like I might have an "in", it's because I am the third generation Henderson! Long time reader, but recently joined the forums.