Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.

Can't find Pappy anywhere!

I know it's about that time that the allocations come out for the fall release of Pappy, but history has shown that I will probably not be able to find any. I live in northern VA and work in Washington, DC so I have places to look but have been unsuccessful for at least a year now (minus one random find in Chicago for a work trip). Does anyone know of good places to look in either VA or DC? At this point price isn't much of an issue, happiness trumps continued frustration.

In VA you can special order Pappy 20 from the VA ABC but I did that and the guy told me they have almost 600 orders and will get nowhere near that much stock so I won't get mine until at least next year, go figure. Any help is appreciated, and even if you can find it online somewhere that ships to VA that would be great! Looking for the 15, 20, or 23 and hoping this year is different from last.

Happy sippin'

Disciple

Re: Can't find Pappy anywhere!

Where does one begin?

Connoisseur

I went looking last week and you can get various ones in several locations. Here are the ones I saw myself, but I'd advise you to have them read to you at a safe distance from anything expensive because the prices are absolutely ridiculous:

- Barmy's at 1912 L St NW has PVW15 for $199

- Connecticut Avenue Wine and Liquors off the Dupont metro stop has PVW23 for $280

- 1 West Dupont Circle Wines and Liquors on 20th and P has PVW15 for $199.

These must be last year's, or even older. If you get them, or one, I sincerely hope it's worth it...

Quote Originally Posted by bad_scientist View Post
    I went looking last week and you can get various ones in several locations. Here are the ones I saw myself, but I'd advise you to have them read to you at a safe distance from anything expensive because the prices are absolutely ridiculous:

- Barmy's at 1912 L St NW has PVW15 for $199

- Connecticut Avenue Wine and Liquors off the Dupont metro stop has PVW23 for $280

- 1 West Dupont Circle Wines and Liquors on 20th and P has PVW15 for $199.

These must be last year's, or even older. If you get them, or one, I sincerely hope it's worth it...

Those prices are outragous so is pretty much this thread.
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider, is chaos for the fly.

Thanks for the help, but I don't think I can rationalize 200 for PVW15. That's absurd. I guess that's one way to keep it in stock

Not trying to be a stick in the mud, but we have almost 6,500 members. The majority are not active, but still, those that are, are all looking for Pappy 15, BTAC, etc, etc, etc.... I hope you understand where I'm coming from. If not, send me a pm, and I'll gladly fill you in. Cheers! Joe
    " I never met a Weller I didn't like"

Virtuoso

Here's how I deal with the 'Pappy problem'...... I don't bother with it.

Anything that is that hard to find/get isn't worth the effort or the price. I'm sure it is great bourbon... but, so what? I'll never taste or own a bottle of it because I simply refuse to be bothered with the hassle that aquiring it entails.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by FindMePappy View Post
    I know it's about that time that the allocations come out for the fall release of Pappy
    I've heard it will be out in the next two weeks, so just keep visiting your favorite store until it comes in. Good luck.
    Mark Edwards - Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request

Connoisseur
    I managed to snag 4 bottles of Pappy 15 last year by developing a good relationship with several liquor store managers. When the juice came in, they set it aside, and gave me a call. It rarely hits the shelf.

Pappy 20 & 23 are fairly prevalent around here (Indy).

That's the best advice I can give you. Good luck!

Josh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Josh

"The last time I turned down a whiskey, I didnít understand the question."

Quote Originally Posted by FindMePappy View Post
    ...In VA you can special order Pappy 20 from the VA ABC but I did that and the guy told me they have almost 600 orders and will get nowhere near that much stock so I won't get mine until at least next year...
    Virginia allocation is spoken for, for this year. Virginia system is reliable and fair as far as first come first serve is concerned; if ya put an order in now, you'll definitely get it next year.