Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Enthusiast

Bushmill's Black Bush

My local boozer was selling off liter bottles of Bushmill's Black Bush for $20 to close out the stock. I picked up four liters before ever tasting the stuff over the last year. Well, I opened one of the bottles last night. Wow, very nice, sherry undertones, fruitiness with flavors of dried fruit, raisins, craisins, mediterranian apricots, vanilla and some coconut. Very nice, not spectacular but very nice!

Connoisseur

Re: Bushmill's Black Bush

I've always liked a glass of Black Bush after a heavy meal. I even like it before a heavy meal or as a meal substitution. I thought of it as adult fruit juice and with all those light fruit flavors it just has to be good for you.
    Often I am forced to deal with the fact that I prefer bourbon over dealing with facts.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by MJL View Post
    My local boozer was selling off liter bottles of Bushmill's Black Bush for $20 to close out the stock. I picked up four liters before ever tasting the stuff over the last year. Well, I opened one of the bottles last night. Wow, very nice, sherry undertones, fruitiness with flavors of dried fruit, raisins, craisins, mediterranian apricots, vanilla and some coconut. Very nice, not spectacular but very nice!
    Wow. Great score, man! That's one hell of a bargain. I happen to really enjoy BB as well. And the more you drink it, the more layers you'll discover. Enjoy!
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Advanced Taster

Its an excellent bottle at that price, still good at its usual $40, but at $20 its tough to beat. Does carry nice underlying dried fruits, I got the apricot as well as some light lemon. Its a good bottle thats for sure.

Guru

Burns clean, too! A few friends and I knocked off a bottle last week while watching baseball and we all woke up fresh as daisies. Always a mark of quality!
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru

Black Bush is a long time personal favorite. We go way back.

Disciple

Except for some duty free only 12yr. old that was out in the early 90's and now discontinued, BB is the plum of the Bushmills lineup!

Thomas

Nice score at $20 I would have have bought all they had. I'm a big fan of BB I also get pear from this like the juice from canned pears.
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider, is chaos for the fly.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by p_elliott View Post
    Nice score at $20 I would have have bought all they had. I'm a big fan of BB I also get pear from this like the juice from canned pears.
    My last BB score occurred last year when I found four gift packs shortly after Christmas for $20 each. Talk about a deal!

Connoisseur

I, too, would havecleaned them out at that price.
    There's no such thing as bad whiskey, there's only over priced whiskey.