Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Enthusiast

Re: Mid-level wheaters

Quote Originally Posted by bad_scientist View Post
    Which one is more complex to you? Complex isn't always good if it's imbalanced, but I would like to get one of the two (the 12 or the OWA) and I want something that I won't get bored of.
    I preferred the 12 over the antique, personally. Either is a good purchase, both is better; but if I had to choose one that's the way I'd go.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Happyhour24x7 View Post
    I preferred the 12 over the antique, personally. Either is a good purchase, both is better; but if I had to choose one that's the way I'd go.
    I agree. Though as you said, they're both excellent and should be judged on their own merits.
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

As most of you know, I love wheaters, especially Weller. My general rule of thumb:

No brainer-in other words, when I want a pour I don't have to think about=Weller SR

Something a little nice- When I want something with a little more flavor and complexity=Weller 12

A little extra-For those days when I want a pour with just a little more kick=OWA

Like I said, just a general rule of thumb. Cheers! Joe
    " I never met a Weller I didn't like"

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by fishnbowljoe View Post
    As most of you know, I love wheaters, especially Weller. My general rule of thumb:

No brainer-in other words, when I want a pour I don't have to think about=Weller SR

Something a little nice- When I want something with a little more flavor and complexity=Weller 12

A little extra-For those days when I want a pour with just a little more kick=OWA

Like I said, just a general rule of thumb. Cheers! Joe
    Good rules, Joe. I'm with you on them!
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet