Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Re: BTAC and Van Winkle nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by thezenone View Post
    @speedbump47

We were up there visiting friends and the store happened to be very close to where they live. They had no less than 6 bottles of each BTAC (except the Saz 18 which was out), and if I remember correctly they had about 10 Wellers. Makes me wonder how long they were on the shelf and whether I need to make another trip to see our friends
    If you'd be going up from the LA area, I'd be more than happy to buy some extras off of you.

Connoisseur

Dear Pappy,

You are an old friend, quite dependable, and you have impeccable taste. Truth be told though, your popularity has caused our friendship to waiver. Adding to the fact we will be spending less time together is the fact I have a new love I am pursuing. I met an 18 year old named Sazerac...so spicy and so lovely...I would raid my bunker for Saz.

Sincerely,

Lost
    Last edited by LostBottle; 12-28-2011 at 19:17.

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by thezenone View Post
    They had no less than 6 bottles of each BTAC (except the Saz 18 which was out), and if I remember correctly they had about 10 Wellers.
    I'm pretty sure a friend of mine cleaned that place out of Saz 18 about 2 weeks ago. He told me there were multiples of all the BTAC's, but only 3 of the Saz's -- of which he bought them all.

Connoisseur

Seattle members - if you got shut out on PVW20, PVW23, or VWFRR pm me within the next 24 hours, I might be able to help you as I have a lead on a handful of bottles.

Just to clarify, I am not flipping anything here, just trying to garner some goodwill and help a local SB member or two who couldn't find what they wanted. I won't help flippers and price-gougers so you must be a SB member for a year with a few posts under your belt. That said, preference for those with Saz 18 or GTS('09,'10) to trade though
    Last edited by LostBottle; 12-30-2011 at 10:26.

Enthusiast

As if the Pappy thing couldn't get worse, it is my understanding that PVW is on the cover of the print edition of the latest Wine Spectator magazine. The biggest, most influencial wine rag in the game. Might be fun to watch eBay for the next week or two.
    tl; dnr

Enthusiast

We don't need more wine people to figure out this bourbon thing.

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by dridge11 View Post
    Amen, brother. Amen...

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by dridge11 View Post
    Sure we do... *SOMEBODY* has to drink Red Stag!

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by yountvillewjs View Post
    As if the Pappy thing couldn't get worse, it is my understanding that PVW is on the cover of the print edition of the latest Wine Spectator magazine. The biggest, most influencial wine rag in the game. Might be fun to watch eBay for the next week or two.
    I picked up this issue at the airport yesterday and was happy to see that the main article was written by Lew Bryson (not surprising, since Whisky Advocate, née Malt Advocate, is now a publication of M. Shanken). It's a good read, even for those of us who've been around bourbon for a while, and there's a nice review section.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by yountvillewjs View Post

Good call. eBay prices for the PVW15 are topping $200...WTF? I would rather slowly sip on rotgut moonshine than $200 Pappy 15.

I just recently sold an extra bottle to another SB member who could not find any at the price I paid for it ($70). Looks like I left $130 on the table - oh well, it found a good home and karma will bring me a BMH23.
    Last edited by LostBottle; 02-04-2012 at 00:22.