Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru

Binny's Is Expanding.

According to the Shanken News Daily, Chicago-based beverages retailer Binny's is expanding, first outside the Chicago-area into other Illinois markets, then across the border into Wisconsin.

The newest Binny's, number 28, opened last week in Arlington Heights. A new store in LaGrange will open after the first of the year. So will one in Champaign, the first outside Chicagoland. After that, they're looking at Rockford, Madison, and Milwaukee.

"Once we set up the internal infrastructure to expand to Wisconsin, we can use that as a springboard to go national," said CEO Michael Binstein.

Re: Binny's Is Expanding.

Quote Originally Posted by cowdery View Post
    According to the Shanken News Daily, Chicago-based beverages retailer Binny's is expanding, first outside the Chicago-area into other Illinois markets, then across the border into Wisconsin.

The newest Binny's, number 28, opened last week in Arlington Heights. A new store in LaGrange will open after the first of the year. So will one in Champaign, the first outside Chicagoland. After that, they're looking at Rockford, Madison, and Milwaukee.

"Once we set up the internal infrastructure to expand to Wisconsin, we can use that as a springboard to go national," said CEO Michael Binstein.
    Rockford? I know the perfect place. It's right next to the bowling alley about 2 minutes from my house.
    " I never met a Weller I didn't like"

Enthusiast

I will be among the first to welcome them to Texas, when they arrive.

I have a feeling it's going to be a race between Binny's and Spec's to see who can take over the country first!

Connoisseur

I'd welcome them to SW Ohio, but it isn't the retailers that are lacking, it is the state.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by clingman71 View Post
    I'd welcome them to SW Ohio, but it isn't the retailers that are lacking, it is the state.
    This would be a interesting question to pose to them. Binny's is Binny's because of the amazingly great product selection for everything.

The excitement of shopping there in controlled state wholesaler deal, just wouldn't make it Binny's anymore- it would be like any other store.

B
    "Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die."

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by BFerguson View Post
    This would be a interesting question to pose to them. Binny's is Binny's because of the amazingly great product selection for everything.

The excitement of shopping there in controlled state wholesaler deal, just wouldn't make it Binny's anymore- it would be like any other store.

B
    To me what makes binny's truly special is their hand picked barrel program.

Guru

Dang. I held my breath while quickly reading the opining post. I was hoping for something in Peoria or the QC area.

Taster

I think this is great news. I live in Madison, WI. I hope that Binny's will bring extra allocations of the limited whiskies into the state.

No longer using a trip to Binny's as an excuse to go to Chicago is a drawback. Now, Giordano's will need to expand into Madison. Yes, I know they're in dire financial straits.

Enthusiast

Wait a minute -- here I'm always going to Wisconsin on beer runs....

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny.Applebury View Post
    I think this is great news. I live in Madison, WI. I hope that Binny's will bring extra allocations of the limited whiskies into the state.

No longer using a trip to Binny's as an excuse to go to Chicago is a drawback. Now, Giordano's will need to expand into Madison. Yes, I know they're in dire financial straits.
    It won't, unless Binny's figures out how to drastically increase the sales of everyday Sazerac products, the amount of BTAC that WI is allocated won't really change that much. (And you can always find BTAC sitting around this state, if you know where to look.)

And Julian ain't gonna have more Rye for us, either.

I can only see other WI retailers lose some of their allocation as Binny's steals their market share. You'll see a shift, but not much total increase. So Maybe Riley's and Steve's get less, as Binny's gets some of their cut.

I am looking forward to their barrel purchases. Having a wide selection of FR1B will be fun.