Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru

Binny's Is Expanding.

According to the Shanken News Daily, Chicago-based beverages retailer Binny's is expanding, first outside the Chicago-area into other Illinois markets, then across the border into Wisconsin.

The newest Binny's, number 28, opened last week in Arlington Heights. A new store in LaGrange will open after the first of the year. So will one in Champaign, the first outside Chicagoland. After that, they're looking at Rockford, Madison, and Milwaukee.

"Once we set up the internal infrastructure to expand to Wisconsin, we can use that as a springboard to go national," said CEO Michael Binstein.

Re: Binny's Is Expanding.

Quote Originally Posted by cowdery View Post
    According to the Shanken News Daily, Chicago-based beverages retailer Binny's is expanding, first outside the Chicago-area into other Illinois markets, then across the border into Wisconsin.

The newest Binny's, number 28, opened last week in Arlington Heights. A new store in LaGrange will open after the first of the year. So will one in Champaign, the first outside Chicagoland. After that, they're looking at Rockford, Madison, and Milwaukee.

"Once we set up the internal infrastructure to expand to Wisconsin, we can use that as a springboard to go national," said CEO Michael Binstein.
    Rockford? I know the perfect place. It's right next to the bowling alley about 2 minutes from my house.
    " I never met a Weller I didn't like"

Enthusiast

I will be among the first to welcome them to Texas, when they arrive.

I have a feeling it's going to be a race between Binny's and Spec's to see who can take over the country first!

Connoisseur

I'd welcome them to SW Ohio, but it isn't the retailers that are lacking, it is the state.

Enthusiast

Aggressive. There are already a few great stores in towns adjacent to LaGrange. I hope that Binny's doesn't spell their doom.

I'm trying to figure where the LaGrange location will be. I'm guessing where the Border's was, right along the tracks on LG Road.

The Binny's buyout of Sam's was a letdown for me personally. When they first announced that Binny's was coming to Downers Grove, they were going to move into a former Circuit City and have a tap room. Then they switched up, bought and moved into the former Sam's location out here, and never did open said tap room. Such high hopes, dashed.
    Last edited by stevegoz; 11-07-2011 at 14:23.

Guru

There a lot of closed Circuit City ....and Borders....locations around the nation. They were usually well situated
    in their local market with drive by traffic etc.

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by clingman71 View Post
    I'd welcome them to SW Ohio, but it isn't the retailers that are lacking, it is the state.
    This would be a interesting question to pose to them. Binny's is Binny's because of the amazingly great product selection for everything.

The excitement of shopping there in controlled state wholesaler deal, just wouldn't make it Binny's anymore- it would be like any other store.

B
    "Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die."

The Voshole

Quote Originally Posted by cowdery View Post
    After that, they're looking at Rockford
    Geez Chuck, on one hand I hope you're not teasing me. On the other hand I'm concerned about my financial health if they do come to town.

P.S. Fishnbowljoe - they should locate further east (closer to my house!)

Gary
    "Bottom line: sometimes things work out this way in life. It doesn't matter how well you've planned; you're just f**ked, and that's that" - The Boss

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by clingman71 View Post
    Aint that the truth!

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by BFerguson View Post
    This would be a interesting question to pose to them. Binny's is Binny's because of the amazingly great product selection for everything.

The excitement of shopping there in controlled state wholesaler deal, just wouldn't make it Binny's anymore- it would be like any other store.

B
    To me what makes binny's truly special is their hand picked barrel program.