Greeting Folks. It's a pleasure to officially be part of your community. I've been lurking for quite some time.

I'm a tequila lover slowly being converted to a bourbon aficionado. I've been an active member for years over on Ian Chadwick's Blue Agave forum. I started dabbling more in bourbon about a year ago after a long time love affair with Jose Cuervo's bourbon influenced Reserva de la Familia.

Over the last year or so I have tried a variety of bourbons all which I enjoyed, albeit some more than others:

Weller SR
Weller 12
Weller Antique
ERSB
Baby Saz
ETL
MM & Makers 46
Rittenhouse 100
OGD 114
Handy 2011
WLW 2011
GTS 2011

I'm a neat only guy but not a snob about it. I've just always been that way from my years of tequila consumption. But from the reading I have done lately, I am slowly learning that there may be appropriate times to add a splash of water to your whiskey.

I'm having an extremely fun time with my first experiences with cask strength bourbon. They vastly exceeded my expectations with their complexity, richness, and flavor. I'm thoroughly enjoying them all neat at the moment but may give each of them a try with some H2O.

I hope to learn a lot more about bourbon in the coming months. I can tell from reading about mashbills and what juice is in what bottle based on their age that I have a long way to go. And of course I hope to score a bottle of the coveted PVW for the first time, although I will probably have to wait until the next release as I did not get my name on a list soon enough this year.

I hope everyone has a great week and an enjoyable Thanksgiving coupled with copious bourbon consumption.

I'll be seeing you guys around.

Best, Ryan