Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.

Tracking New Releases

I came to Bourbon through Scotch. I mention this because there are a couple websites out there (The Whiskey Exchange, The Whiskey Barrel) that do a pretty good job of keeping us up to date on the newest and, more importantly, limited releases.

Is there any such thing out there for bourbon? I would NEVER have known about the four special edition bourbons from Buffalo Trace this year (Weller, Eagle Rare 17, Sazerac and Stagg) but for a friend who works at a liquor store.

Anyone have any sources they go to that keeps them up to date on the releases from as many if not all of the distilleries in the country?

Bourbonian Of The Year 2013 and Guru

Re: Tracking New Releases

Quote Originally Posted by DreamTheater View Post
    I came to Bourbon through Scotch. I mention this because there are a couple websites out there (The Whiskey Exchange, The Whiskey Barrel) that do a pretty good job of keeping us up to date on the newest and, more importantly, limited releases.

Is there any such thing out there for bourbon? I would NEVER have known about the four special edition bourbons from Buffalo Trace this year (Weller, Eagle Rare 17, Sazerac and Stagg) but for a friend who works at a liquor store.

Anyone have any sources they go to that keeps them up to date on the releases from as many if not all of the distilleries in the country?
    Stay tuned here, and you'll be one of the first to know.
    JOE

Wag more.
    Bark less.

"Every bottle is its own learning experience." -- Sensei Ox-sama

Taster

This forum is definitely the best place to hear about upcoming stuff.

You mentioned Buffalo Trace already (there have a 5th as well, Thomas Handy)

Other recurring releases that I enjoy:

Pappy Van Winkle
    Four Roses Limited small batch (currently 2011 release)
    Parkers Heritage (this year is Cognac barrels)
    Woodford Reserver Master Select (certain flavors I've really liked, such as Oak)

Quote Originally Posted by DreamTheater View Post

There are only about 4 threads on here about this look under BTAC.
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider, is chaos for the fly.