Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rye shortage?

Disciple

Re: Rye shortage?

Quote Originally Posted by HRay View Post
    Is it the same LDI stuff just at a higher proof?
    Yes. The Willet Rye is a cask strength release. I have bottlings at 110, and 108.2. And it is LDI.

Disciple

I've tried all of the LDI based ryes from all the various labels and pretty much like them all (some more than others of course like High West and Bulleit) but I have never seen the Willett versions down here. Where do I need to go to find them? Are they available in Knoxville (I sometimes get up there to McScrooge's)?
    There's a contact number on KBD's website. Give 'em a call and ask if they're sold in your area.

Taster

Quote Originally Posted by White Dog View Post
    There's a contact number on KBD's website. Give 'em a call and ask if they're sold in your area.
    I'll try that number but I know nobody stocks any Willett other than the "Pot Still" version. We do have many KBD products here with more showing up everyday. I buy a lot of the Pure Kentucky and we just got Kentucky Vintage and Johnny Drum Private Stock.
    Slainte mhath

Ray in Atlanta

Disciple

I'll try that number but I know nobody stocks any Willett other than the "Pot Still" version. We do have many KBD products here with more showing up everyday. I buy a lot of the Pure Kentucky and we just got Kentucky Vintage and Johnny Drum Private Stock.
    In that case, ask your friendly neighborhood retailer for the name and number of the Georgia KBD wholesaler, and ask them why the h-ll they don't carry the Rye.

Taster

Smile Re: Rye shortage?

I got maybe one more store that I know carries the baby saz. I"ve got some bunker supplies. 10+ of the rit bib, 4 of the baby saz, some 18 yr, some handy and some rvwfrr.

Virtuoso

Anybody know how severe the shortage on Baby Saz is or going to be for the forseeable future? Suddenly, almost none to be found in the western regions of TN. I don't know if NYT article had an impact or not, or, just the normal rash of holiday buying. Rye is not normally a big seller in this area and sales always pretty steady for the regulars like me. Also, Saz 18 has all but vanished as well Maybe just a sign of the times though.

Connoisseur
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Lamplighter View Post
    Anybody know how severe the shortage on Baby Saz is or going to be for the forseeable future? Suddenly, almost none to be found in the western regions of TN. I don't know if NYT article had an impact or not, or, just the normal rash of holiday buying. Rye is not normally a big seller in this area and sales always pretty steady for the regulars like me. Also, Saz 18 has all but vanished as well Maybe just a sign of the times though.
    Maybe your guys in the black SuV nabbed all the baby saz as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by Ejmharris View Post

That could very well be. However, they did leave a couple of them at the former ORVW 23 location though. I snagged them since I had not seen it anywhere else in the last week or so. Other spots I have been since getting that info indicates the nabbers were not after just bourbon...fortunately for me. Looks like they were also buying up some rarer and/or special edition scotch, cognac and wines. I have never achieved a taste for any of those....so, on a selfish note - they could have taken 2 SUV loads of that stuff for all I care...lol

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Ejmharris View Post

Where is that story posted?

Such a shame. Booze profiteers.
    ~Robert BTOTY #2 2009

GBS Member - 2011 Indoctrination

Connoisseur
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Lamplighter View Post
    That could very well be. However, they did leave a couple of them at the former ORVW 23 location though. I snagged them since I had not seen it anywhere else in the last week or so. Other spots I have been since getting that info indicates the nabbers were not after just bourbon...fortunately for me. Looks like they were also buying up some rarer and/or special edition scotch, cognac and wines. I have never achieved a taste for any of those....so, on a selfish note - they could have taken 2 SUV loads of that stuff for all I care...lol
    Cant agree more on the scotch and cognac!