Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Disciple

Re: Botm 12/11: Colonel E.H. Taylor New Release

Quote Originally Posted by AaronWF View Post
    I liked the first release enough to buy another bottle, even though I resented have to put down $75 for it. No heat for a 100 proofer, but I recall really, really mellow cinnamon-vanilla notes. I think it's a very fine and refined bourbon. It has many many pleasures, none of which knock you over the head, but all of them are pleasant.

Not to reveal to much or speak outside this forum's general conversation, but this bourbon lends itself especially well in partnership with marijuana. I think it's a great stoner's bourbon. On more than one occasion, it hit the spot particularly well whilst in this state. I think it has to do with a heightened palate milking out all of the mellow nuance. Delicious!

I haven't yet tried the SB.
    HA!!! I've never mentioned this type of pairing for fear of getting kicked off SB, but I would be very active in a "What Bourbon pairs with 4-20" thread. They're certainly not all equal. I tend to like lower proof wheaters, like WellerSR, while higher proof high-rye recipes are a no-no.

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by White Dog View Post
    HA!!! I've never mentioned this type of pairing for fear of getting kicked off SB, but I would be very active in a "What Bourbon pairs with 4-20" thread. They're certainly not all equal. I tend to like lower proof wheaters, like WellerSR, while higher proof high-rye recipes are a no-no.

I will add that I also enjoy lower proof wheaters, and I usually add a good amount of ice to help combat any dry mouth that I may be experiencing. Also old fashions are extra tasty when kicking back!

As far as Colonel E.H. Taylor goes.. only have a few bottles of the first run sour mash. I think it hits the mark when I am not sure what to drink.
    Last edited by chefnash51; 12-15-2011 at 10:54.
    -Kevin

"Why? Because it's delicious!"

Bourbon always did make me feel like a Giant.

Connoisseur

The more I get into this bottle the more I am enjoying it. Like Chefnash said, hits the spot when you're not sure what to drink.

No burn for 100 proof. a slight sour but more sweet that balances nicely.

Definitely one to try, possibly to stock when on sale or close-out, but not a true regular drinker for my budget.

Connoisseur

Trying the Single Barrel again tonight, and my opinion still stands it's just 100 proof Buffalo Trace honey barrels. Not a bad thing, but not quite to my tastes like the Sour Mash version.