I was in Gazebo last night chatting with SB Vets who advised me to post an intro message so here goes.

Have always liked bourbon, but just became focused in the last 6 months when I set up an American whiskey bar in house. Just really never took to the single malt Scotch thing.....and the prices.

Bourbon....there's so much to like. Taste, flavor, variety, and American History. I'm a history buff so this is a natural. Love it that you can find an inexpensive bourbon, like VOB, that is so good.

SB is GREAT source of info for novice. Thanks to all VETS for sharing knowledge and patience for simple or repeated questions. I find myself spending way too much time here but that's the fun of it.

Have sampled a wide variety of whiskey, including rye, ryed bourbons, and wheaters. My taste preference leans towards wheaters, but I really like all 4R's I've tasted so far.

Have one bottle of VW-Lot B, and love it; but am turned off by the lack of availability and price. Keep tasting and reading SB to find, like everyone else, a substitute. Waiting for HH to bring back the Old Fitz brand to prior prominence. Right now WSR, and Antique seem like my go-tos. Trying to get my hands on Weller 12, but can't find in ATL.

Just sippin and smilin.