Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Connoisseur
    Quote Originally Posted by c2walker View Post
    The 90 proof was just being rolled out all of NoVA last week (the stores in the southern part of the state don't carry it for whatever reason) and the gift shop also has it in stock. I was a little apprehensive to pay $70 for a 10yr 90 proof rye, especially considering the (older) barrel strength bourbon and ryes under the same label, but I bought a bottle anyway. Good rye (and I'm assuming it's good based on the strength of those past releases) is just not that easy to come by these days. With that said, I haven't opened the bottle...I just have too many open already. I am also very curious to hear others' opinions!
    The 90 proof was sitting next to the barrel proof ryes at TPS and have been there for months. I sat there scratching my head when I got the barrel proof the 90 was exactly the same price and right next to each other. I almost picked up the wrong one. They must have just put them on the website. I would assume it is fantastic whiskey just a but not going to spend $72 on 90 proof right now. To many others on the to do list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Virtuoso

Re: Abraham Bowman BOURBON

Very nice bourbon that is quickly moving off the shelves. The gift shop at Bowman is sold out. It will be interesting to see if the 2012/2013 18YO release will be as good.... for sure it will be a very small offering.
    "The most futile and disastrous day seems well spent when it is reviewed through the blue, fragrant smoke of a Havana Cigar"

Quote Originally Posted by cigarnv View Post
    Very nice bourbon that is quickly moving off the shelves. The gift shop at Bowman is sold out. It will be interesting to see if the 2012/2013 18YO release will be as good.... for sure it will be a very small offering.
    Are you sure there is going to be a 2012/2013 release? I called the distillery a few weeks ago looking for a bottle and they were simply apologetic that they were out...and then up-sold the rye. They made it sound like the 18 yr was a one time fluke thing.

Virtuoso

Are you sure there is going to be a 2012/2013 release? I called the distillery a few weeks ago looking for a bottle and they were simply apologetic that they were out...and then up-sold the rye. They made it sound like the 18 yr was a one time fluke thing.
    Tough to be sure about anything in this business.... but I think Abraham is going to be around for a while.... hanging out with Parker , Geo. T, William Larue, EH and the rest of the gang who seem to come out of hiding at least once a year...
    "The most futile and disastrous day seems well spent when it is reviewed through the blue, fragrant smoke of a Havana Cigar"

Connoisseur

Tough to be sure about anything in this business.... but I think Abraham is going to be around for a while.... hanging out with Parker , Geo. T, William Larue, EH and the rest of the gang who seem to come out of hiding at least once a year...
    The "Abraham" line, at least, is listed as a regular offering on their website. My guess is that it will change, depending on what awesome stuff they've got, and because there's not a definitive description of it. Still, something exciting on a regular basis.

Disciple

I still think they picked something extra special for the first release. I hope not, so that we can enjoy this as much in the future, but we shall see.

Connoisseur

Really getting tough to find. VA state controlled ABC received a few cases (6 bottles per case) but I'm finding extremely limited distribution to a limited amount of their stores.

I think you nailed it...bingo!
    "There's nothing better than a fine dinner, a good bottle of whiskey and a bad girl"

Connoisseur

I was at the distillery a couple of weeks ago and shown 7 barrels of AA barreled in 1993 ready to be dumped. Was told each had about 10 gallons in it. Was also told it would happen soon.

BTW, it's a great tour with Truman Cox, so if you are near I would visit.

Connoisseur

That is too cool - do you know how long the barrels have been in Virginia?

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    I was at the distillery a couple of weeks ago and shown 7 barrels of AA barreled in 1993 ready to be dumped. Was told each had about 10 gallons in it. Was also told it would happen soon.

BTW, it's a great tour with Truman Cox, so if you are near I would visit.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by bad_scientist View Post
    That is too cool - do you know how long the barrels have been in Virginia?
    They had only recently arrived from BT