Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 3 of 80 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Virtuoso

Re: What Bourbon Are You Enjoying, Winter 2011/2012

Been bouncing all over the board today....like the food, trying to enjoy a bourbon buffet: VWFRR, WLW 06, Stagg 11, Handy 08...and, I may get a little careless (lol) and crack open the PHC Wheat, Pappy and OFBB 2010...hope I wake up tomorrow.

Hope all had a wonderful and safe Christmas Day!!!

Connoisseur

Ooh, you'll wake up, but you might not like the way you feel!

Disciple

Continued with some small pours of OGD BIB 1985 and EW BIB Rebarrel Project...think I'm gonna finish the night with some BHOGD 97!
    You can find me in chat most nights on days ending with the letter y!

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Old Lamplighter View Post
    Been bouncing all over the board today....like the food, trying to enjoy a bourbon buffet: VWFRR, WLW 06, Stagg 11, Handy 08...and, I may get a little careless (lol) and crack open the PHC Wheat, Pappy and OFBB 2010...hope I wake up tomorrow.

Hope all had a wonderful and safe Christmas Day!!!
    Doing the same bouncing...a little sip of PVW 20 this morning. Pre Christmas dinner drink of '85 bottled Old Ezra with ginger ale and Ango bitters. Post dinner so far has been WLW '11, FR OESO private bottling, EC 18, Willetts 8 year private bottling, WT Rye and Bowman's Rye barrel proof from Party Source.
    Thad

BTOTY-2011

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by T Comp View Post
    ...Bowman's Rye barrel proof from Party Source.
    That is the missing piece for me today...wife had me out yesterday doing last of shopping and here I was expecting FedEx anytime to get my Bowman's here for Christmas Eve & Day. I get back home @ 12:25 & find a FedEx notice on front door with a time of 12:14

The wife tells me she could not get off the pot to answer the door.......all I could do was shake my head and immediately proceed to fix up my flask double-strong for travel to her family's Christmas get together.

Oh well, it will be here tomorrow as long as I don't get sent on an errand simultaneously with her morning crap...will have it for New Year's

Enthusiast

Well Christmas dinner is done and the gifts were opened. Now that the kids and grand kids are gone it's time for me.

The snow has tapered off to flurries after leaving 14 inches of the white stuff that I spent 2 hours shoveling off the driveway and sidewalk.

Enjoying a three finger pour of 2011 Stagg along with a good cigar.

Happy Holidays everyone.
    Greg
    Southeast New Mexico

Guru

I had a couple Old Fashioneds made with OWA today.

I have to say, it didn't clash with any of the Christmas goodies the wife made, which is one reason I chose OWA instead of my usual Baby Saz. It went really well with the candied walnuts.

But alas, I couldn't get anyone else to try one. They were all about the Eggnog... and somehow about half a bottle of Tanqueray got drained... and now I don't have any limes for Margaritas come taco night.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Old Lamplighter View Post
    That is the missing piece for me today...wife had me out yesterday doing last of shopping and here I was expecting FedEx anytime to get my Bowman's here for Christmas Eve & Day. I get back home @ 12:25 & find a FedEx notice on front door with a time of 12:14

The wife tells me she could not get off the pot to answer the door.......all I could do was shake my head and immediately proceed to fix up my flask double-strong for travel to her family's Christmas get together.

Oh well, it will be here tomorrow as long as I don't get sent on an errand simultaneously with her morning crap...will have it for New Year's
    This post made me laugh.

I was reminded of how as a kid if I got up early to go hunting I'd try to get my morning constitutional done early. But, invariably it just wouldn't happen. Then, after I got all my clothes on; insulated underwear etc etc. pockets full of shells etc..... and by the time I had walked out past the barn and corn crib I'd have to turn back around and go back to the house.

You just can't re-schedule your morning crap to fit the day's circumstances.
    Last edited by ILLfarmboy; 12-26-2011 at 11:09.

Bourbonian Of The Year 2013 and Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ILLfarmboy View Post
    This post made me laugh.

I was reminded of how as a kid if I got up early to go hunting I'd try to get my morning constitutional done early. But, invariably it just wouldn't happen. Then, after I got all my clothes on; insulated underwear etc etc. pockets full of shells etc..... and by the time I had walked out past the barn and corn crib I'd have to turn back around and go back to the house.

You just can't re-schedule your morning crap to fit the day's circumstances.
    You know what would be really funny? If we were to show OL's post to his wife, and watch the asswhoopin' he takes from her!

As far as what am I drinking. I don't think there is a bottle of whiskey in the house that I haven't hit in the last couple of days...
    JOE

Wag more.
    Bark less.

"Every bottle is its own learning experience." -- Sensei Ox-sama

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by smokinjoe View Post
    You know what would be really funny? If we were to show OL's post to his wife, and watch the asswhoopin' he takes from her!
    You are correct...I would take a whuppin - if not physical then at least verbal for the next umpteen years. "Constitutional" was the word my brain could not find when needed there...a much better word than what I used. I work outside and that exact same thing happens at least a half dozen times every winter after I get all the insulated & layers of clothing on....another reason why I sometimes dream of living farther south...but no, too far from Kentucky!

I apologize for the TMI post...just frustrated at not having the Bowman for Christmas. VWFRR and Handy stood in quite well though I must say. As for today, same song as yesterday with a 4R pvt OBSK to add.
    Last edited by Old Lamplighter; 12-26-2011 at 16:10. Reason: Addition, Correction