Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 80 of 80 FirstFirst ... 3070787980
    Bourbonian Of The Year 2013 and Guru

Re: What Bourbon Are You Enjoying, Winter 2011/2012

Quote Originally Posted by BillP View Post
    So..... How odd was your day?
    Yeah really, spill it...

For me, I just returned from sitting outside during the great "yella blizzard of 2012". This extremely mild Winter we've had has all the plants going crazy, and the pollen count for today is out of this world. Yellow pollen is falling like snow from the pines. Can't tell the color of anyones car, other than they're some shade of yellow. All-time record pollen count for ATL had been 6,100 pollen particles per cubic meter. Today's measurement was 8,100. An extremely high count is...120. When a breeze whips up, it's a yella blizzard. Well, a solid pour of this Evan Williams 7 yr 90 proof Antebellum Decanter will keep me from choking.
    JOE

Wag more.
    Bark less.

"Every bottle is its own learning experience." -- Sensei Ox-sama

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by smokinjoe View Post
    Yeah really, spill it...

For me, I just returned from sitting outside during the great "yella blizzard of 2012". This extremely mild Winter we've had has all the plants going crazy, and the pollen count for today is out of this world. Yellow pollen is falling like snow from the pines. Can't tell the color of anyones car, other than they're some shade of yellow. All-time record pollen count for ATL had been 6,100 pollen particles per cubic meter. Today's measurement was 8,100. An extremely high count is...120. When a breeze whips up, it's a yella blizzard. Well, a solid pour of this Evan Williams 7 yr 90 proof Antebellum Decanter will keep me from choking.
    Yep, i am a female pines worst nightmare after being on the course all day! I feel violated! But the pines in ball ground have yet to erupt. Gotta love elevation!

Enthusiast

Had the day off. Shot an 43 on 9... Then got the yard work done. Now... I'm gettin' Cooter Brown on Weller 12 and Lot B.

Trippah and Admin

Quote Originally Posted by BillP View Post
    So..... How odd was your day?
    Rabbits are eating our emerging flowers so I purchased some critter repellent from the local garden center. The wind shifted while I was schpritzing the daffodils, crocii and tulips and I caught a snootful of the spray. I am happy that nobody captured my "get out of Dodge" move on video that included a successful effort to retain my lunch...barely.

The Don't Barf in Front of the Entire Neighborhood initiative was soon outdone by temporary deafness caused by an exploding bike tire in the garage. For the record, film and video game producers don't quite have the timing correct when portraying the effect of explosions on the human ear. With great certainty and a freshness of memory I can tell you that you do not hear the entire explosion prior to the reverb tunnel hearing and constant ringing...you only hear the first part of the BANG before the WTF sets in.

Other than that it was a normal Sunday.
    My name is Joel Goodson. I deal in human fulfillment.
    I grossed over eight thousand dollars in one night. Time of your life, huh kid?