Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 4 of 78 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 775
  1. #31
    Connoisseur
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Dayton, OH
    Posts
    836

    Re: What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? - Winter 2011/2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Wall Eye View Post
    I just ordered a Lot B - my first Van Winkle - and one of the TPS 4R OBSK - it looks like it's a new "batch" from the last one they had. Let us know what you think of that 4R if you get a chance.
    I ordered a lot B, OWA, and Weller 12 from Party Source this morning. I have to order multiple bottles to justify the shipping costs, at least that's what I told Karen.

  2. #32
    Connoisseur
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    downtown DC
    Posts
    761

    Re: What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? - Winter 2011/2012

    Quote Originally Posted by clingman71 View Post
    I ordered a lot B, OWA, and Weller 12 from Party Source this morning. I have to order multiple bottles to justify the shipping costs, at least that's what I told Karen.
    Did you get their private bottling of OWA? I haven't read anything about that one.

  3. #33
    Bourbonian Of The Year 2013 and Guru
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Just East of the Big Chicken, GA
    Posts
    6,132

    Re: What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? - Winter 2011/2012

    I am no longer out of Four Roses SmB and Old Forester Signature. Been a while on the Signature. And, it always performs well chilled out of the beer fridge.
    JOE

    Wag more.
    Bark less.

    "Every bottle is its own learning experience." -- Sensei Ox-sama

  4. #34
    Guru
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Northern Kentucky
    Posts
    3,425

    Re: What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? - Winter 2011/2012

    Quote Originally Posted by bad_scientist View Post
    Did you get their private bottling of OWA? I haven't read anything about that one.
    Haven't tried the TPS OWA, but their new private barrel of AAA is excellent.
    John B

    "Drinking when we are not thirsty and making love at all seasons… that is all there is to distinguish us from other animals."

  5. #35
    Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    NE OH
    Posts
    1,784

    Re: What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? - Winter 2011/2012

    Quote Originally Posted by jburlowski View Post
    Haven't tried the TPS OWA, but their new private barrel of AAA is excellent.
    Ahh so they finally hit ehh?
    ~Robert BTOTY #2 2009

    GBS Member - 2011 Indoctrination

  6. #36
    Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    1,509

    Re: What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? - Winter 2011/2012

    Quote Originally Posted by jburlowski View Post
    ... but their new private barrel of AAA is excellent.
    Greg (Adams), isn't AAA your pour of choice? Have you tried this one yet?
    Jack
    GBS Member #3 (Sorry Dawn!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pieface
    I think i'm god but I'll get a confirmation and go from there

  7. #37
    Connoisseur
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Dayton, OH
    Posts
    836

    Re: What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? - Winter 2011/2012

    Quote Originally Posted by bad_scientist View Post
    Did you get their private bottling of OWA? I haven't read anything about that one.

    I did not. I have their JPS 18 bottling and love it. I have their 1792 bottling and do not like it. I bought the 2 wellers for the sole purpose of blending so I didn't really want to experiment with a barrel selection. I want my vatting bottles easy to replicate.

  8. #38
    Connoisseur
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Dayton, OH
    Posts
    836

    Re: What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? - Winter 2011/2012

    Quote Originally Posted by DeanSheen View Post
    Ahh so they finally hit ehh?

    They certainly didn't with the 1792, we've discussed it before. But, they did with the JPS 18. I like it better than my batch #5 JPS 17. I may have to try the AAA.

  9. #39
    Connoisseur
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    downtown DC
    Posts
    761

    Re: What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? - Winter 2011/2012

    Quote Originally Posted by clingman71 View Post
    I did not. I have their JPS 18 bottling and love it. I have their 1792 bottling and do not like it. I bought the 2 wellers for the sole purpose of blending so I didn't really want to experiment with a barrel selection. I want my vatting bottles easy to replicate.
    You mean the famous SB.com(TM) vatting of OWA/Weller 12?

    Since the Cork and Bottle OWAs are pretty highly regarded, I was interested in TPS's offering. I was so close to getting their JPS18, but I couldn't wait 2 days for the shipping and bought a WLW2011 and Rittenhouse Rye instead, for the same price. Bye bye Christmas money...

  10. #40
    Connoisseur
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Dayton, OH
    Posts
    836

    Re: What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? - Winter 2011/2012

    Quote Originally Posted by bad_scientist View Post
    You mean the famous SB.com(TM) vatting of OWA/Weller 12?

    Since the Cork and Bottle OWAs are pretty highly regarded, I was interested in TPS's offering. I was so close to getting their JPS18, but I couldn't wait 2 days for the shipping and bought a WLW2011 and Rittenhouse Rye instead, for the same price. Bye bye Christmas money...

    Ah yes, the famous SB Weller vatting! Sort of a poor man's attempt at a ORVW 10/107/lotB blend, but affordable enough to be an everyday pour, BRILLIANT!
    My first Weller vatting was with CnB OWA #50 + Weller 12 because it was the only OWA I had, it was very good. But considering my dislike for TPS 1792, I didn't want to mix things up yet. I want something easily repeatable, thus standard OWA + Weller 12. TPS JPS 18 is very good, but I can see taking a WLW and Ritt instead.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. What Bourbon Are You Enjoying, Winter 2011/2012
    By Special Reserve in forum General Bourbon Discussion
    Replies: 793
    Last Post: 03-19-2012, 18:59
  2. What Bourbon did you purchase today? - Winter 2010/11
    By hectic1 in forum General Bourbon Discussion
    Replies: 514
    Last Post: 03-20-2011, 08:21
  3. What Bourbon did you purchase today? Winter 09/10
    By spun_cookie in forum General Bourbon Discussion
    Replies: 365
    Last Post: 03-18-2010, 18:12
  4. What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Winter '08/'09
    By shoshani in forum General Bourbon Discussion
    Replies: 323
    Last Post: 03-21-2009, 06:54
  5. What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Winter'07/'08
    By OscarV in forum General Bourbon Discussion
    Replies: 352
    Last Post: 03-29-2008, 17:50

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Back to top